Jesse Litsch - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Jesse Litsch

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Jesse Litsch

Postby Montana168 » Sun May 25, 2008 10:32 am

I'm surprised no one is talking about his kid in toronto. he isn't really a top prospect, drafted in the 24th round or something like that, but he has pitched solid this year so far. he threw a complete game shut out yesterday lowering his ERA:WHIP to 3.57:1.16. probably his most impressive stat is he allowed his first walk yeseterday in his last 38 IP. he simply does not walk batters. he doesn't have great K potential but he could be a chien-ming wang type pitcher except with less wins (even though litsch has a better record than wang right now at 6-1).

i'm interested what everyone's opinions are on this kid. any jays fans out there that can offer more info on him?
Montana168
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Jesse Litsch

Postby tmlfan4ever » Mon May 26, 2008 12:14 am

A young kid who got an early call, skipping AAA straight from AA to the Majors in 2007. He pounds the strike zone, refuses to walk anybody and isn't afraid of contact. He may be playing a bit over his head, but his command seems legit. Like you said, his one downside from a fantasy perspective is that he is not a strikeout pitcher but will log his fair share of innings. He's probably a good example of a guy who is a better REAL baseball player than a FANTASY player, but he certainly has value even in a mixed league.
tmlfan4ever
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Yanks_Baby » Mon May 26, 2008 12:17 am

tmlfan4ever wrote:A young kid who got an early call, skipping AAA straight from AA to the Majors in 2007. He pounds the strike zone, refuses to walk anybody and isn't afraid of contact. He may be playing a bit over his head, but his command seems legit. Like you said, his one downside from a fantasy perspective is that he is not a strikeout pitcher but will log his fair share of innings. He's probably a good example of a guy who is a better REAL baseball player than a FANTASY player, but he certainly has value even in a mixed league.

Funny as it is, he reminds me of Halladay. Pounds the strike zone, rarely walks, great durability to last a long time, average to low K's. Very Halladay reminiscent. I hope he takes advantage of the oppurtunity he has being Doc'd yeammate. This kid could be something special one day.
Yanks_Baby
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Dhark » Mon May 26, 2008 1:14 am

I don't know how he plays, but I went to add him to my watch list and wow is he a looker.
Dhark
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby tmlfan4ever » Mon May 26, 2008 9:30 am

He was also Tampa Bay's bat boy for a short period when he was a kid.
tmlfan4ever
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby siQ_innovation » Mon May 26, 2008 10:52 pm

Kid knows how to win games. I like that.

Props to RyanK for the Sig.
siQ_innovation
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby WaCougMBS » Tue May 27, 2008 1:05 am

The kid has been impressive alongside Marcum and McGowan (for the most part) lately. I would have to say I have been pleasantly surprised with the Jays' SPs so far this year ;-D
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby mgblues » Tue May 27, 2008 4:36 pm

WaCougMBS wrote:The kid has been impressive alongside Marcum and McGowan (for the most part) lately. I would have to say I have been pleasantly surprised with the Jays' SPs so far this year ;-D

I have to agree.... I've been looking at him as a possible add & may even consider him as someone who can make a contribution now as opposed to Liriano who is on my bench now. He's been solid for long enough not to be a fluke.
"It's 106 miles to Chicago... we've got a full tank of gas, 1/2 a pack of cigarettes, it's dark & we're wearing sunglasses...

Hit it."
mgblues
General Manager
General Manager

Postby kimchi_chigae » Tue May 27, 2008 4:48 pm

mgblues wrote:
WaCougMBS wrote:The kid has been impressive alongside Marcum and McGowan (for the most part) lately. I would have to say I have been pleasantly surprised with the Jays' SPs so far this year ;-D

I have to agree.... I've been looking at him as a possible add & may even consider him as someone who can make a contribution now as opposed to Liriano who is on my bench now. He's been solid for long enough not to be a fluke.

I think it's way past the time for you to cut Liriano. Unless you are in a deep redraft league, I can't think of a reason for keeping him around.

As for Litsch, he's been pitching well and is definitely worth a look, but he just isn't that good, he doesn't have the kind of stuff to have long term success IMO.
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 200)

Postby jwbseven » Tue May 27, 2008 6:00 pm

Can't be on my team unless you strike people out. All good pitchers will get their wins but I'd rather have a 10k performance from and the guy didnt get the win vs 1k and a win.

Thats just me
jwbseven
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Return to Injuries & Player Updates