Will Prince ever rebound in 08'?? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Will Prince ever rebound in 08'??

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Will Prince ever rebound in 08'??

Postby Grounded Polo » Sat May 24, 2008 10:47 pm

I acquired Prince in a buy low like 3 weeks ago for really cheap, just Jason Bay and Kerry Wood. I was thinking that he would bust out of this before now. I have the luxury of sitting him because I can move Atkins to first and still have ARam at third but since it's a H2H league, hopefully he can right himself before when it matters most.
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby chipper » Sat May 24, 2008 10:59 pm

Anyone think he's annoyed with Braun getting a big deal and not him?
Just appears to me like the effort is not there at times. At the plate and in the field.
chipper
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Lordrevolution » Sat May 24, 2008 11:04 pm

I got rid of him. Traded Feilder, ARam, and Marcum for Teix and ARod; which in my mind is a major trade up at 1st and 3rd for Marcum.
Lordrevolution
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby ivesaidway2much » Sat May 24, 2008 11:18 pm

Let this serve as a warning to anyone else that ever considers drafting a vegetarian. Because if it didn't walk, swim, or fly, I ain't eating it, and neither should your fantasy players.
Last edited by ivesaidway2much on Sat May 24, 2008 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ivesaidway2much
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby kemper5 » Sat May 24, 2008 11:47 pm

I think the diet is playing a role in this..How can you just dissappear like this? His bat has fallen off the face of the earth.. 2 HR's in May people..That is flat out SAD!!
kemper5
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby LostInTheSauce » Sun May 25, 2008 12:20 am

They offered Prince and Braun deals at the same time. Prince has Boras for an agent so he didnt accept it. I am telling you like I told you before. The guy will finish with Konerko numbers along the lines of 260 ish 26 homers and maybe 90 rbi just because of the lineup. Anyone who says the meat has nothing to do with it is being silly. Even if it isnt the actual rabbit lifestyle, it is the mental part of the major lifestyle change that is. Sorry guys but we drafted a bum this year! I traded him for Morneau and Beckett and have been so relieved watching these 1 for 4's with a single.
LostInTheSauce
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sun May 25, 2008 12:22 am

Old_Style wrote:
J35J wrote:I hope he doesn't hit 30 this year.....Should come at a bargain price next year!!

That's what I'm hoping.

Ah yes, I remember it well when I got him in the 5th round of my dynasty league in last year's draft. At that time, it was a mild reach. I admit being a bit sad when I traded him, Rollins, Joba, and Jose Tabata for Reyes, Soriano, and Berkman in the offseason, but really it's no loss, and I didn't draft him in any of my leagues this year. If I owned him, I'd probably send him an Omaha Steaks care package, but alas, it would be pointless and money gone down the drain.

That said, I think there's plenty of baseball to be played and Fielder is capable of going on a 20 HR tear over a 2 month span. A groundball rate correction is still possible during the middle of the season. Prince could be pressing to put the ball in play or he's swinging at pitches that induce more groundballs, either by Fielder's volition or by the pitcher's design.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby Grounded Polo » Sun May 25, 2008 8:32 am

chipper wrote:Anyone think he's annoyed with Braun getting a big deal and not him?
Just appears to me like the effort is not there at times. At the plate and in the field.

He wants a long term deal but he's not jealous of what Ryan Braun got. Fielder's agent is Scott Boras, he's probably looking to triple Braun's salary.
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby moochman » Sun May 25, 2008 10:15 am

I am more than a little surprised that Prince hasn't started to hit yet. Almost as surprised as I am to see a veggitarian who looks like he is gaining weight. Makes me wonder if he should find a girl who will tell him that doughnuts are bad and exercise is good.
I do think he will turn it around soon. He is just too good a hitter to not right the ship......I hope.
moochman
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby anti elian » Sun May 25, 2008 10:54 am

I traded Bruce for him in a keeper league. If Howard can rebound so can Prince.
anti elian
College Coach
College Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers