Pat "the bat" Burrell question... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Pat "the bat" Burrell question...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby hooligan1 » Sat Feb 28, 2004 3:09 am

I picked him up from the FA list in one of my leagues. He was chosen in the last round in another league......For crying out loud, the guy isn't allowed a down year? He's hitting between Thome and Abreu, two extremely professional hitters IMHO. I realize he was hittting between them most of last year as well, and that didn't go so well. However, he's still quite young and if he has gotten his head on straight (as the claims out of Phillies camp are going) I think he could be quite the masher once again. 35 HR, 110 RBI and .280 are very reasonable.....
Hooligan1
hooligan1
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Uumm, micro-managing my fantasy baseball teams. Where else?

Postby Lofunzo » Sat Feb 28, 2004 3:33 am

hooligan1 wrote:I picked him up from the FA list in one of my leagues. He was chosen in the last round in another league......For crying out loud, the guy isn't allowed a down year? He's hitting between Thome and Abreu, two extremely professional hitters IMHO. I realize he was hittting between them most of last year as well, and that didn't go so well. However, he's still quite young and if he has gotten his head on straight (as the claims out of Phillies camp are going) I think he could be quite the masher once again. 35 HR, 110 RBI and .280 are very reasonable.....

So why didn't you draft him then?? ;-)
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby hooligan1 » Sat Feb 28, 2004 3:49 am

Because I figured I'd be able to pick him up off the FA list....Whadaya know.......I could!! :-° ;-D
Hooligan1
hooligan1
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Location: Uumm, micro-managing my fantasy baseball teams. Where else?

Postby Lofunzo » Sat Feb 28, 2004 3:51 am

hooligan1 wrote:Because I figured I'd be able to pick him up off the FA list....Whadaya know.......I could!! :-° ;-D

Nice move. ;-D
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby McGill » Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:22 am

Lofunzo wrote:
hooligan1 wrote:Because I figured I'd be able to pick him up off the FA list....Whadaya know.......I could!! :-° ;-D

Nice move. ;-D

:-D :-D :-D

"Watch me pull a rabbit out of the hat..."

"....Again?!!"
McGill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers