Shortstops - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Shortstops

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Shortstops

Postby dragoon » Sat May 24, 2008 12:22 pm

It seems like everybody has already gone through at least a couple of shortstops this year already. Rollins, Furcal, Tulowitski, Reyes have all been injured at one point or another.

My shortstop position has been a revolving door. Drafted Hardy, traded him straight up for Furcal before the season. Then traded Furcal for Tulowitski. Tulo got hurt, picked up Aybar. Aybar got hurt, so I picked up Barmes. Now Barmes is hurt and it looks like I'm stuck with Khalil Greene. :-o Anyone else have horror stories at short stop this year?
dragoon
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Shortstops

Postby Grounded Polo » Sat May 24, 2008 12:37 pm

I drafted Hanley on two teams, Michael Young on another, and swung a trade to get Reyes so SS hasn't been an issue. 3 of my teams have black holes at third base.
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 10)

Postby red_sox_fan » Sat May 24, 2008 12:43 pm

I'm in an AL-only league and I feel like SS is the weakest position. I started with Peralta, turned to Aybar, and now going to start Crosby. I was going to try to trade for M.Young, but after looking around the league, everybody is hurting at SS and I would most likely have to overpay for Young. I'm just going to just continue to work the WW for SS and just start the guy who is playing well at the moment.
red_sox_fan
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Snakes Gould » Sat May 24, 2008 12:49 pm

Furcal for me in two leagues, Tejada, and then O-Cab and Khalil Greene left to me in a dynasty. ive been happy overall. Also have Theriot in one league with Furcal, and Stephen Drew in the other, so that hasnt been a problem for me, but i could see how people could be scrambling.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby DSheppard » Sat May 24, 2008 1:31 pm

ive got furcal in two of my leagues and young in the other. young has been slightly disappointing, but given what the non-elite SS's are doing around the league i cant complain. considering i got each of them in the middle rounds im happy. obviously especially with furcal.
DSheppard
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby moochman » Sat May 24, 2008 1:45 pm

What happpened to Barmes :-o :-o :-o :-o . I guess I'll check the injury forum. Where's the cussing icon when you need it.
moochman
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Field » Sat May 24, 2008 1:57 pm

I've been very happy with Stephen Drew's performance this year. Not really sure why people drafted Tulo (even before the injury) in the 4th round when you could have had Drew in th 15+ round or even off the WW.
Field
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby duckbillgates » Sat May 24, 2008 2:02 pm

I protected Tulowitzki over guys like Markakis in a keeper, mostly because I wanted someone of a higher caliber than, say, Miguel Tejada or Rafael Furcal. Whoops.

After Tulo stunk up the joint before getting injured, I turned to a tandem of Bobby Crosby and Clint Barmes. I have been trying to swing a trade for Hanley Ramirez, but have been so far unsuccessful ... in part because the owner's backup shortstop is Aybar, who is also injured.

I dropped Crosby to free up salary cap space yesterday, figuring I was sitting on a nice hot streak for Barmes. Now if he goes out for any period of time, my starting shortstop in the 12-league team I won last year will be ... Ramon Vazquez? How did I get here?

I hate shortstops this season. It was even Jose Reyes who took out Barmes.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."
— Douglas Adams (1952-2001)
duckbillgates
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby duckbillgates » Sat May 24, 2008 2:13 pm

Field wrote:I've been very happy with Stephen Drew's performance this year. Not really sure why people drafted Tulo (even before the injury) in the 4th round when you could have had Drew in th 15+ round or even off the WW.

C'mon, people drafted Tulo that early (admittedly at least a couple rounds too early in most leagues, but still) because he projected higher and Drew hit .238 last year.

Couple this with the fact that no one expected the D-backs to be an offensive juggernaut they've been this year, and this is almost like saying "Not sure why people drafted Johan Santana when you could have had Cliff Lee" or "Not sure why people drafted Vlad Guerrero when you could have had Nate McClouth." ;-)

All I'm saying it, hindsight is 20/20.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."
— Douglas Adams (1952-2001)
duckbillgates
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Ursa » Sat May 24, 2008 3:16 pm

I'm lucky enough to be starting Felipe Lopez. :-C I thought the new park plus his defeat of Belliard would make him worthwhile for R and SB. No such luck. Considering dumping him for Crosby.
Ursa
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers