Teams we should have known would be bad - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Teams we should have known would be bad

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Teams we should have known would be bad

Postby dweenmachine » Mon May 26, 2008 9:00 am

Lordrevolution wrote:
dweenmachine wrote:And not just because I'm a Red Sox fan, but I have to mention the Yankees in this thread. ARod being on the DL for a while didn't help matters, but combine that with the loss of Posada and the ineptitude (I've always wanted to use that word in a sentence) of their starting pitchers... they're looking pretty sorry. I feel they belong in the "we should have known" category because their starting pitching was a question mark to begin the season, and I feel it's even worse than they expected...
Plus, they're in last place ;-D

I seem to recall the Sox having near as many question marks about their pitching at the start of the season.

Okay, true, but the name of this thread is "Teams we should have known would be bad."
I'm sorry, are the Red Sox bad this year? :-?
dweenmachine
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby KCollins1304 » Mon May 26, 2008 10:29 am

dweenmachine wrote:
Lordrevolution wrote:
dweenmachine wrote:And not just because I'm a Red Sox fan, but I have to mention the Yankees in this thread. ARod being on the DL for a while didn't help matters, but combine that with the loss of Posada and the ineptitude (I've always wanted to use that word in a sentence) of their starting pitchers... they're looking pretty sorry. I feel they belong in the "we should have known" category because their starting pitching was a question mark to begin the season, and I feel it's even worse than they expected...

I seem to recall the Sox having near as many question marks about their pitching at the start of the season.

Okay, true, but the name of this thread is "Teams we should have known would be bad."

You think the Yankees are bad? They're only 4.5 behind the Sox now and back to .500. I didn't know 4.5 games separated the bad from the great. :-?
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby AussieDodger » Mon May 26, 2008 10:44 am

KCollins1304 wrote:You think the Yankees are bad? They're only 4.5 behind the Sox now and back to .500. I didn't know 4.5 games separated the bad from the great. :-?

He's right, the Yankees are the suxor ;-7
They couldn't hold Oaklands jock at the moment ;-7

(Don't take this out on me in October when the Yankees have 85 wins and Oakland has 80 :-D )
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

Postby BrooklynBums » Mon May 26, 2008 11:59 am

Few new teams to throw out
Brewers: Good middle of the lineup, but you cant win with a leadoff hitter batting .190. The starting pitching isn't very good beyond Sheets, and Gallardo going down put the nail in the coffin. The bullpen, led by Gagne, has been horrendous, blowing 10+ games.

Colorado: Similar to Milwaukee, the Rockies have a pretty good lineup but no pitching. Last year, it seems, just about every hitter and pitcher had a career year. Helton is on the decline, and Jimenez and Morales have been average, and Francis bad. Fuentes/Corpas haven't helped.

Padres: I think a lot of people thought the national league west would be a bit more competitive, but SD and Col sure changed that. Adrien Gonzalez and maybe KK are the only decent hitters in that lineup, and Peavy and Young are on the DL, do the math.
BrooklynBums
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby mkultra » Tue May 27, 2008 10:34 am

dweenmachine wrote:
Lordrevolution wrote:

Every year, for the past several, around this time, the press and fans rejoice or bemoan (depending on who/where you are) the slumping Yankees. And every year, they get their :-X together to make it to the postseason.
mkultra
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 41)

Postby ukrneal » Wed May 28, 2008 6:25 am

BrooklynBums wrote:Few new teams to throw out
Brewers: Good middle of the lineup, but you cant win with a leadoff hitter batting .190. The starting pitching isn't very good beyond Sheets, and Gallardo going down put the nail in the coffin. The bullpen, led by Gagne, has been horrendous, blowing 10+ games.

Colorado: Similar to Milwaukee, the Rockies have a pretty good lineup but no pitching. Last year, it seems, just about every hitter and pitcher had a career year. Helton is on the decline, and Jimenez and Morales have been average, and Francis bad. Fuentes/Corpas haven't helped.

Padres: I think a lot of people thought the national league west would be a bit more competitive, but SD and Col sure changed that. Adrien Gonzalez and maybe KK are the only decent hitters in that lineup, and Peavy and Young are on the DL, do the math.

I agree with Colorado on the pick. I felt their offense would still be good. Holliday, Atkins, and Helton would not fall off hugely and they have been good except for injuries. I just couldn't see the pitching holding up. And that has pretty well stunk. I couldn;t understand why people had them winning the division.
ukrneal
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers