Time for Milw to shake up the lineup - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Time for Milw to shake up the lineup

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Time for Milw to shake up the lineup

Postby chipper » Fri May 23, 2008 10:22 pm

Not sure what or how, but they've got to do something.

Move Hart up to 1 or 2 maybe (not that weeks hasn't been scoring runs).
Do something.
chipper
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Time for Milw to shake up the lineup

Postby DaShiz23 » Fri May 23, 2008 10:24 pm

I think they have to move Sheets to the DL. Just joking (maybe). They scare me so much as a Cub's Fan. Hart at 2nd in the line-up makes some sense though. I hate to say it, but they will be fine, just some time.
DaShiz23
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 67)

Postby J.C.Fighter » Fri May 23, 2008 10:25 pm

Idk why Yost is so fond of having 2 K-machines at the top of the order
J.C.Fighter
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby BTOWNHESS » Sat May 24, 2008 10:55 am

I agree. Hart was a very good leadoff hitter last year. Gets on base more than Weeks. Scoring runs has more to do with the people behind you.

What Id do-

Hart
Hardy
Fielder
Braun
Cameron
Weeks
Hall
Kendall
BTOWNHESS
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby irish53095 » Sat May 24, 2008 12:08 pm

I don't see a major shake up soon. They have come out of the hitting slump a bit but they really won't be totally out until Fielder starts hitting. Weeks and Cameron are K machines yes, but Cameron has a good OBP% for his career and that is the only reason why he is there. Personally I would shake it up like this.
Weeks-i think you are stuck with him here. Great R producer, hopefully he works out of it
Hardy-best fastball hitter on the team, and he will see a lot of them here
Braun-Braun has hit horrible behind Fielder, plus you get RB up in the first inning every game, and more AB's throughout the seaon.
Fielder
Hart-has to stay in a run producing position, gives Fielder good protection even though it hasn't helped so far, but it will!
Cameron
Hall-he is going to be platooned against some RHP w/ Counsell. Make adjustments accordingly.
Kendall-need to get back to a regular line-up and bat the C 8th.
P
irish53095
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Slayer Rules » Sat May 24, 2008 12:50 pm

As a Prince owner I'd love to see him batting 3rd in front of Braun. I'm not sure why the Crew wouldn't do this - Braun's the one hitting the HR's, leaving Prince at bat with no one on. why not flip-flop them? It could jump-start Prince and only increase Braun's production....
Slayer Rules
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby freeling_prideful » Sat May 24, 2008 1:02 pm

Braun didn't hit well in the 4 slot so they made the switch earlier this season.

Also, re: Hart in the 1 or 2 slots. He doesn't fit the leadoff profile so well (admittedly neither does Weeks). He rarely walks, he's an aggressive free swinger, and he's not the kind of guy who is going to work the count, tire pitchers out, and make the sacrifices out of the 2 hole. He much more closely fits the profile of a versatile 5 hitter, with enough dangerous power to protect Fielder and also the speed to set the table for the power hitters behind him (Bill Hall).
freeling_prideful
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Field » Sat May 24, 2008 2:00 pm

I believe that sticking with Weeks at the top of the order will pay dividends later in the season. He seems to finally finding holes and he has a good BB rate. Not sure why people were clamoring for his demotion in the lineup, sometimes average is deceiving.
Field
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby thehotcorner » Sat May 24, 2008 2:19 pm

BTOWNHESS wrote:I agree. Hart was a very good leadoff hitter last year. Gets on base more than Weeks. Scoring runs has more to do with the people behind you.

What Id do-

Hart
Hardy
Fielder
Braun
Cameron
Weeks
Hall
Kendall

Weeks had a 374 OBP to Harts 353 last yr, and this year, Weeks has a 341 to Harts 352, not all that different. While Weeks won't hit for a high avg he won't hit 210 all yr. I'm pretty sure Weeks will end the yr with a higher OBP than Hart.
thehotcorner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Another Blown Save » Sat May 24, 2008 2:20 pm

I don't understand why people want Hart leading off rather then Weeks.
1. Weeks' OBP is only 11 points lower
2. Weeks has more speed
3. Hart has the higher average and power which is suited in the middle of the order

Their problem isn't the order of the lineup, but rather the actual players in the lineup. They do a decent job getting on base and they have the power to drive in runs. The only problem is their dreadful .248 batting average. They need one more guy who can consistently hit for high average to drive those guys on base. The best case scenario for them would be for that guy to be Prince Fielder.
Mat Latos - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!
Another Blown Save
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers