Holliday - Where is the power? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Holliday - Where is the power?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Holliday - Where is the power?

Postby pat189 » Fri May 23, 2008 3:57 pm

I guess you can't be too upset over his stats this season, but will the HRS and RBi's come?
pat189
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Holliday - Where is the power?

Postby acsguitar » Fri May 23, 2008 4:02 pm

pat189 wrote:I guess you can't be too upset over his stats this season, but will the HRS and RBi's come?

When the rest of the team stops sucking he'll start hitting for more power. Also, he's a first pitch swinger and that may be causing some fluctuations
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby pat189 » Fri May 23, 2008 9:50 pm

acsguitar wrote:
pat189 wrote:I guess you can't be too upset over his stats this season, but will the HRS and RBi's come?

When the rest of the team stops sucking he'll start hitting for more power. Also, he's a first pitch swinger and that may be causing some fluctuations

He just can't seem to come up big with RISP like he did last season
pat189
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Slayer Rules » Fri May 23, 2008 11:25 pm

He must be missing the roids. But he's a great line drive hitter these days - and he hits for avg too! If he can pick up a few more SB's he could be a poor man's Torii Hunter in his prime ;-D
Slayer Rules
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby rookies and cream » Sat May 24, 2008 12:05 am

There's some power. Unfortunately off my closer and my team.
rookies and cream
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 45)

Postby RC » Sat May 24, 2008 8:42 am

I think he's just a little under where you'd predict him to be power-wise for this time of year.

People that drafter him figured that after his 10 HR's in 10 games last year that he would have an increase in power this year.

Personally, I drafted him with 35 HR's being his 'ceiling' but really liked the .340 average potential with the peripherals.

Add to that all of the steals he has and I'm very happy with him as a #4 pick. Nevermind the fact that he could still hit 40+ HR's.
Like my Avatar?
RC
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Inukchuk » Sat May 24, 2008 9:05 am

Slayer Rules wrote:He must be missing the roids. But he's a great line drive hitter these days - and he hits for avg too! If he can pick up a few more SB's he could be a poor man's Torii Hunter in his prime ;-D

Whaaaaat? That might be the worst comparison ever... In his prime, Hunter was a 25-20 guy with a 270 AVG. Holliday's strengths are power and AVG with marginal SB potential. Holliday has already had 2 consecutive seasons that dwarfed Hunter's best. Also, Matty's at the exact same HR pace as he was last year at this time.

And what's up with the wacky steroid accusations there, Jose? Looking to sell another book?
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Postby KrunK » Sat May 24, 2008 2:21 pm

Holliday (like Howard) is a player on my team I won't even consider benching unless he gets hurt. He had 8 homeruns at this point in the season last year and still knocked out 36 so I'm not too worried at this point. No one on that team can hit right now, but they're bound to heat up eventually.

Inukchuk wrote:
Slayer Rules wrote:
And what's up with the wacky steroid accusations there, Jose? Looking to sell another book?

People are stupid, nowadays if you're big you automatically did steroids. Never mind the fact that the majority of guys in the major leagues are genetic freaks, but ya just know there's no way he got his size without juicing. I don't know if anyone has seen Eric Byrnes when he isn't in a baseball uniform, I was watching his show the other day and he is pretty damn big..he looks average at best on tv though.
Credit to smoovethug on the sig
KrunK
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Baseball Leftovers