100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Cafe Games Talk

Melting at a high rate!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Melting at a high rate!

Postby NZ Eff » Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:28 pm

Madison wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:
jlm53089 wrote:There are 15 teams left for this week, and 10 have already lost... What happens?

The few that are left get the icon after the week all shakes out.

Yep, 1 person has picked correctly already, so whoever makes it to next week will get the icon. ;-D

the rules clearly state that whoever is left when the melting point is reached receive an icon. There are five left and regardless of correct picks or not (although all are going to be correct) should therefore according to the rules get the icon. That is why you pick a Sunday game ;-)
NZ Eff
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Matchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 23)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:12 pm

NZ Eff wrote:the rules clearly state that whoever is left when the melting point is reached receive an icon. There are five left and regardless of correct picks or not (although all are going to be correct) should therefore according to the rules get the icon. That is why you pick a Sunday game ;-)

Nope, no loopholes in this game. Doesn't matter if someone picks a Saturday or Sunday game, they must survive the week to get the icon. Loopholes stink, so we don't allow any loopholes in the games.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby bigken117 » Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:15 pm

Madison wrote:
NZ Eff wrote:the rules clearly state that whoever is left when the melting point is reached receive an icon. There are five left and regardless of correct picks or not (although all are going to be correct) should therefore according to the rules get the icon. That is why you pick a Sunday game ;-)

Nope, no loopholes in this game. Doesn't matter if someone picks a Saturday or Sunday game, they must survive the week to get the icon. Loopholes stink, so we don't allow any loopholes in the games.

Hee-hee....yeah I pm'd the Madmin on this a few weeks ago and he told me the same thing. Can't wait for my shiny new icon ;-D

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Postby jfg » Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:38 pm

This icon will pale in comparison to the champion icon I'll have in a matter of weeks.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 83)

Postby NZ Eff » Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:12 pm

Madison wrote:

You need to change the wording in the rules then. It doesn't mention you must survive that week, just that when the melting point is reached those remaining get icons. That happened yesterday, not today.
NZ Eff
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Madison » Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:39 pm

NZ Eff wrote:
Madison wrote:

You need to change the wording in the rules then. It doesn't mention you must survive that week, just that when the melting point is reached those remaining get icons. That happened yesterday, not today.

Yeah, I'll fix it. Shame some people can't actually play games with a little class and dignity instead looking for stupid and shady loopholes.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby NZ Eff » Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:32 am

Madison wrote:Yeah, I'll fix it. Shame some people can't actually play games with a little class and dignity instead looking for stupid and shady loopholes.

:-? Those comments are beyond belief.

There is nothing shady about following the rules. What is shady is when the rules are changed during a competition.
NZ Eff
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Madison » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:13 am

NZ Eff wrote:
Madison wrote:Yeah, I'll fix it. Shame some people can't actually play games with a little class and dignity instead looking for stupid and shady loopholes.

:-? Those comments are beyond belief.

There is nothing shady about following the rules. What is shady is when the rules are changed during a competition.

It's always been that the only ones who get the icon are the ones who survive to the following week. It's known, certainly not a new thing.

And as to my personal comments, when the games available to be picked are done randomly and beyond the control of the players, then trying to pick the last game available by time and day hoping others get eliminated first because they might not be able to pick the lastest game possible is certainly in poor taste and not in the spirit of the game. If it offends you that I pointed that out, so be it. The truth isn't always puppy dogs and rainbows.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby NZ Eff » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:17 am

Offend me? Not in the least.

Use the rules of a game to your best advantage? Absolutely.

The truth isn't always puppy dogs and rainbows? The problem is, it ain't the truth. According to the rules of the game it makes sense to pick a Sunday game if you can. If there was a better choice on the Saturday I would make it and have done previously. Nothing sinister there at all.

Poor taste and not in the spirit of the game? Give me a break. What a pretentious, out of touch comment. It's gamesmanship, nothing less and nothing more.

It's always been that way? Clearly I've never played the game so how would I know what's always been?

Admit your mistakes and amend the rules for next year instead of resorting to personal attacks to hide the sites inadequacies.
NZ Eff
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Madison » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:52 am

NZ Eff wrote:Poor taste and not in the spirit of the game? Give me a break. What a pretentious, out of touch comment. It's gamesmanship, nothing less and nothing more.

It's no different than head to head leagues. The design is to pit Team A versus Team B, not Team A versus Team B + the entire free agent pool. While some people think streaming several pitchers per day is fair and within the rules because some websites allow it, that doesn't make it the way the game was designed to be played.

Meltdown has always been a weekly game. Notice how the season winner is determined? If everyone goes out in the same week, then they all come back the next week. Time and day they go out is irrelevant. No different than the icons. Time and day is irrelevant, each week is one contest.

While you may think my view is out of touch, I simply view playing a game the way it's intended to be played as gamesmanship. Looking for and using loopholes isn't something I consider playing with dignity or class. Has the world really changed so much that it's acceptable to use shortcuts and shady tactics to try to get ahead? If so, why are steroids banned in sports? So golly gee, I must not be too out of touch... Kinda funny that a few pixels on a website can get someone so riled up though. :-b

Anyway, to each their own. The rules are clear for you now and I'm way too old to argue something this petty and silly any further, so that's that. Good luck the rest of the way.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

PreviousNext

Return to Cafe Games Talk