Andrew Miller - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Andrew Miller

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Andrew Miller

Postby Inukchuk » Fri May 23, 2008 6:19 pm

I watched the FLA/AZ game and I honestly have no idea where all this sinker talk is coming from. He has a straight fastball, curve, slider, and change that I saw. His outs seemed pretty equally distributed between fly, ground, and strikeout.

His control still needs a little work, as he missed his spots more often then I would've liked to see. Fortunately, the DBacks are free swingers and the home plate ump had a pretty generous strike zone (Melvin was very close to coming out to argue).

I thought his biggest advantage was the fact that he hid the ball extremely well. His curve also looked very good, and he used it as more (and more effectively) of an out pitch than his slider (which honestly was pretty nasty as well).

I would say that going forward, he's definitely a nice #5 with potential to be much more. If you have room, add him. If not, watch closely as I can't see him being around as a FA for long if he continues his improvement.
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Postby RocketsDWM » Fri May 23, 2008 10:32 pm

Does anyone read the forum description before posting here? There is a separate Draft, Keeper, Waiver Forum where you can ask all of your questions pertaining to your team. ;-D
RocketsDWM
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 55)

Postby Inukchuk » Sat May 24, 2008 8:49 am

RocketsDWM wrote:Does anyone read the forum description before posting here? There is a separate Draft, Keeper, Waiver Forum where you can ask all of your questions pertaining to your team. ;-D

95% of this thread is a discussion of his merits and development. Anytime there's a thread about a player, there always seems to be a few people asking about him in the context of their league. As long as it doesn't become totally hijacked (and I don't think this thread has, although it's getting there thanks to this post... :-o ), I'm OK with it. I think the leftovers crowd is much more knowledgeable than the DTKW guys...
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Postby CBMGreatOne » Sat May 24, 2008 7:34 pm

Inukchuk wrote:
RocketsDWM wrote:Does anyone read the forum description before posting here? There is a separate Draft, Keeper, Waiver Forum where you can ask all of your questions pertaining to your team. ;-D

95% of this thread is a discussion of his merits and development. Anytime there's a thread about a player, there always seems to be a few people asking about him in the context of their league. As long as it doesn't become totally hijacked (and I don't think this thread has, although it's getting there thanks to this post... :-o ), I'm OK with it. I think the leftovers crowd is much more knowledgeable than the DTKW guys...

Ditto that. Besides, why exazcerbate the problem by creating yet another useless post? though I guess in posting this I become a hypocrite. Some of us are just trying to gauge player values against other known commodities. I don't mind answering such questions. Besides, this forum gets the most traffic.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 89)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers