Revised TOP 25? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Revised TOP 25?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Revised TOP 25?

Postby activechamp2006 » Fri May 23, 2008 2:25 pm

Adrian Gonzalez is a name I haven't heard mentioned at all. What does everyone think his chances of landing in the top 25 are?
He has improved every year he's been in the Majors, and he was 30-100-100 last season
activechamp2006
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby great gretzky » Fri May 23, 2008 2:41 pm

he's a possibility. 30-100 seems to be upper limit for him in that park though. maybe not. It's just hard to take him in the first 2.5 rounds of a standard 10 team league, which is really what we are talking about boils down to.
great gretzky
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby MrE » Fri May 23, 2008 2:41 pm

Youkilis has had 13 and 16 HR the past few seasons. He hit 5 HR in one week, but other than that, I wouldn't expect him to have any sustained HR power. I would expect him to reach the low 20's on the back of that 5 HR week........but I do not think he will repeat this year to year.
- MrE -
MrE
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby anti elian » Fri May 23, 2008 2:47 pm

activechamp2006 wrote:Adrian Gonzalez is a name I haven't heard mentioned at all. What does everyone think his chances of landing in the top 25 are?
He has improved every year he's been in the Majors, and he was 30-100-100 last season

The only things that keep him back are Pujols, Howard, Fielder, (Ortiz), Tex, Berkman and the overall depth of 1B. I'd put him top 40 in any league with a CI, multiple UTIL spots, or just runs a little deeper than average.
anti elian
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Matthias » Fri May 23, 2008 2:49 pm

anti elian wrote:
activechamp2006 wrote:Adrian Gonzalez is a name I haven't heard mentioned at all. What does everyone think his chances of landing in the top 25 are?

The only things that keep him back are Pujols, Howard, Fielder, (Ortiz), Tex, Berkman and the overall depth of 1B. I'd put him top 40 in any league with a CI, multiple UTIL spots, or just runs a little deeper than average.

I'd agree with this. Also another player who probably goes lower than his true value due to lack of name recognition.
0-3 to 4-3. Worst choke in the history of baseball. Enough said.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby great gretzky » Fri May 23, 2008 3:17 pm

Matthias wrote:
anti elian wrote:

I'd agree with this. Also another player who probably goes lower than his true value due to lack of name recognition.

It's actually a tad absurd how ignored he is. I mean a 30 HR first baseman is something that people think area dime a dozen. which is a little true but gonzalez is a good player on his way up. Give him a better park, and I think 40 is where he would settle, but for average, and most likely disloading howard from his spot, provided he inched up rbis a bit.
great gretzky
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Matthias » Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:38 pm

Tavish wrote:
Matthias wrote:Oh, FWIW, I tried trading for Youkilis last night in my league (which counts AVG & OBP).

I offered up Zimmerman since he was the only guy I was unhappy with; got rejected (by the guy in 1st place) pretty quickly.

I would be willing to bet that if you had Howard to offer for Youk instead of Zimmerman it wouldn't be rejected nearly as quickly. ;-)

Howard was just traded for James Loney & Shane Victorino in my league. How the mighty continue to fall.
0-3 to 4-3. Worst choke in the history of baseball. Enough said.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Sea Dog Fan » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:57 am

One guy who might be a top 25 pick in a few years might be Ian Kinsler. He's projected to finish with a 20-40 season and I think he could hit up to 25 home runs this year. I can see him putting up some .275+, 25 (maybe even 30) home runs, 40+ sb, 100+ runs, and 80 RBI seasons consistently for the next few years. He's probably the second or third best second basemen next year. He'll score a lot of runs playing in Texas. I may be kind of high on Kinsler, but he's a very good base stealer and he has a lot of pop for a 2nd basemen.

I'd go:
1. Utley
2. Kinsler/Phillips
3. Phillips/Kinsler

Upton is now an OF so I think he'll lose value next year simply because OF is so deep. I think Kinsler has a shot to make a lot of peoples top 25 list because of his power/speed combo and position scarcity.
Sea Dog Fan
College Coach
College Coach

Postby mozart24 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:06 am

Guys, I love Youk, I had him on my team, but he's got some issues this year. He used to be known for his walk rate, but he's not walking anymore. Turns out he's not so great when the ball is put in play.
mozart24
College Coach
College Coach

Postby J35J » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:09 am

Since May 21st

Youkilis .206avg - 0hr
Howard .263avg - 5hr
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 358)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers