Revised TOP 25? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Revised TOP 25?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Revised TOP 25?

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Thu May 22, 2008 4:58 pm

CubsFan7724 wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:how has Hanley Ramirez not been mentioned yet?

Well he was already the consensus 2nd or 3rd pick in most leagues.


Exactly. I'd take him 1st in a keeper no question and I think many other people would as well. He hasn't been mentioned because there isn't much to say about him other than, he's really good and probably the most valuable fantasy player right now.
Image

2011 Live Free or DyNasty Champ
A Fleshner Fantasy
Wicked Wikitect
Wicked Wikitect

User avatar
CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 3541
(Past Year: 32)
Joined: 11 May 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Revised TOP 25?

Postby bobbing_headz » Thu May 22, 2008 5:09 pm

I don't know about you guys but I'm still taking ARod #1. Coming back from his injury he's already 4/7 with 2 HRs. There isn't any indication he's not going to continue to be the best player in baseball. You'd be foolish to pass on him.

It looks like people are still giving way too much emphasis on stats up over a month and a half. For instance I'd still put Tex in the top 25, maybe slightly dropped but expect a big second half. Same goes for Santana.

Guys like Hamilton and Ellsbury should not be in the top 25. Even if they keep up their numbers I would be hesitant to put them top 25 next year.

Other than Santana and Peavy no pitcher should be on the top 25.

Slumpers like Reyes and Sizemore are still in my top 20. Both are too good to be outside that.

Chipper Jones will get injured, that is a fact, which is why he's not in my top 25.

And everbody who says Youkilis deserves top 25 is an idiot. I just don't buy the magical 100 point increase in slugging. Not gonna continue.
bobbing_headz
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 748
Joined: 22 Jul 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Revised TOP 25?

Postby BJSFAN123 » Thu May 22, 2008 5:13 pm

bobbing_headz wrote:I don't know about you guys but I'm still taking ARod #1. Coming back from his injury he's already 4/7 with 2 HRs. There isn't any indication he's not going to continue to be the best player in baseball. You'd be foolish to pass on him.

It looks like people are still giving way too much emphasis on stats up over a month and a half. For instance I'd still put Tex in the top 25, maybe slightly dropped but expect a big second half. Same goes for Santana.

Guys like Hamilton and Ellsbury should not be in the top 25. Even if they keep up their numbers I would be hesitant to put them top 25 next year.

Other than Santana and Peavy no pitcher should be on the top 25.

Slumpers like Reyes and Sizemore are still in my top 20. Both are too good to be outside that.

Chipper Jones will get injured, that is a fact, which is why he's not in my top 25.

And everbody who says Youkilis deserves top 25 is an idiot. I just don't buy the magical 100 point increase in slugging. Not gonna continue.


So if Hamilton finishes with 40 hr, 120+ rbi, .300 avg, 10 or so steals..you're not going to rank him in the top 25?
BJSFAN123
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2352
Joined: 6 May 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Revised TOP 25?

Postby RyanP421 » Thu May 22, 2008 7:02 pm

bobbing_headz wrote:Slumpers like Reyes and Sizemore are still in my top 20. Both are too good to be outside that.

Chipper Jones will get injured, that is a fact, which is why he's not in my top 25.

And everbody who says Youkilis deserves top 25 is an idiot. I just don't buy the magical 100 point increase in slugging. Not gonna continue.


What else is going to happen this year mr Wizard?

Chipper hasn't gotten hurt yet, so how is it factual that he will? Do you even know what the word FACT means? To me, it would be an assumption. Granted, a likely assumption, but not a fact.

And for you to call people idiots for calling Youk a top 25 player proves that you are actually the idiot. It's not our fault you don't get a lot of hugs at home.
RyanP421
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

User avatar

Posts: 48
Joined: 21 Jan 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Revised TOP 25?

Postby raekwon » Thu May 22, 2008 7:16 pm

bobbing_headz wrote:Other than Santana and Peavy no pitcher should be on the top 25.
I would seriously consider Lincecum at or around the 25 spot. No one talks about him being an elite pitcher because hes from the Giants but he already has 6 wins with that god awful offense and hes leading the mlb in ks. Has to be top 25 for next year at least.
raekwon
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 31
Joined: 9 May 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Revised TOP 25?

Postby Matthias » Thu May 22, 2008 7:19 pm

bobbing_headz wrote:And everbody who says Youkilis deserves top 25 is an idiot. I just don't buy the magical 100 point increase in slugging. Not gonna continue.

I didn't say that Youkilis is top 25. I said he's a lot closer than you think he is and will have a better year than Ryan Howard, who I think falls out of the top 25 if you're talking redraft.

And Yanks_baby, as far as the bet, I found some values off of the custom dollar value calculator back from 2005...
R 0.20
HR 0.34
RBI 0.22
SB 0.37
AVG 0.23 (you multiply this by (actual - replacement) x ab)

I'm happy to use these to determine value of Youkilis vs. Howard if you prefer. But I won't do a bet by eye-balling because people overvalue HRs and undervalue AVG and SBs relative to how much they're actually worth.
0-3 to 4-3. Worst choke in the history of baseball. Enough said.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager


Posts: 4860
Joined: 16 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Revised TOP 25?

Postby Yoda » Thu May 22, 2008 7:22 pm

With Peavy's elbow problems, I wouldn't put him ahead of Webb right now. I also think Lincecum belongs in top 25.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Re: Revised TOP 25?

Postby Kingctb27 » Thu May 22, 2008 7:34 pm

Yoda wrote:With Peavy's elbow problems, I wouldn't put him ahead of Webb right now. I also think Lincecum belongs in top 25.

While Lince is nice, I don't think he should be a top 25 guy because of the wins factor. He'll be real lucky to get 15 this year...
Kingctb27
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Champion
Posts: 7189
Joined: 11 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Golfing

Re: Revised TOP 25?

Postby MEK4178 » Thu May 22, 2008 7:40 pm

Its almost sick how vastly overrated Youkilis is from Red Sox fans. Sure he's having a great start, just like he did last year. And what were his numbers? 85 R 16 HR 83 RBI .288 AVG....Hardly an all-star like all you guys were clamoring for. His biggest asset is his OBP which doesn't come into play in most leagues.
MEK4178
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 141
Joined: 27 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Revised TOP 25?

Postby bobbing_headz » Thu May 22, 2008 8:00 pm

RyanP421 wrote:
bobbing_headz wrote:Slumpers like Reyes and Sizemore are still in my top 20. Both are too good to be outside that.

Chipper Jones will get injured, that is a fact, which is why he's not in my top 25.

And everbody who says Youkilis deserves top 25 is an idiot. I just don't buy the magical 100 point increase in slugging. Not gonna continue.


What else is going to happen this year mr Wizard?

Chipper hasn't gotten hurt yet, so how is it factual that he will? Do you even know what the word FACT means? To me, it would be an assumption. Granted, a likely assumption, but not a fact.

And for you to call people idiots for calling Youk a top 25 player proves that you are actually the idiot. It's not our fault you don't get a lot of hugs at home.


I think people are confused here. This list is not the top 25 players now, it's the top 25 players for the rest of the season. For both Youk and Chipper they're playing way over their heads and it won't continue. To give an example from last year the one that comes to mind is Hardy. He had 46 RBIs and 15 HRs through April/May. He only hit 11 HRs and 34 RBIs the rest of the year.
bobbing_headz
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 748
Joined: 22 Jul 2006
Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: buiviopaufamp and 9 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Tuesday, Jul. 29
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

LA Angels at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Seattle at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
Chi White Sox at Detroit
(7:08 pm)
Milwaukee at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Philadelphia at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
Washington at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Arizona at Cincinnati
(7:10 pm)
Toronto at Boston
(7:10 pm)
Colorado at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
NY Yankees at Texas
(8:05 pm)
Oakland at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Minnesota at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Atlanta at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)
St. Louis at San Diego
(10:10 pm)
Pittsburgh at San Francisco
(10:15 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact