Miguel Cabrera... Lazy? Or is it a bit of racism? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Miguel Cabrera... Lazy? Or is it a bit of racism?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Miguel Cabrera... Lazy? Or is it a bit of racism?

Postby pelvis_kick » Thu May 29, 2008 11:02 am

First off, I really can't agree with those who say just because someone is big means they are lazy. I am sure some are, but I am sure some aren't. Tony Gwynn said in an interview once that one season he came back from the offseason 30-40 lbs lighter than normal because he wanted to "get in shape". He said he had the hardest time in his career hitting the ball because he felt he didn't have a good base anymore. This is just one person and one case, but guys like Sabathia are HUGE guys. 6-7 and 290 lbs. Adam Dunn is a huge guy, 6-6 and 275 lbs. However, I wouldn't think it was much of a stretch at all to think that their body fat percentage is less than a whole lot of people on this forum who are under 200 lbs.

Now, somewhat back on topic. From what I have heard, Andruw Jones is pretty darn lazy when it comes to preparing for baseball. He supposedly loves the clubs and the night live and moving to LA hasn't helped him much in that department.
pelvis_kick
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby JoshExley » Thu May 29, 2008 1:06 pm

BTOWNHESS wrote:lol. The race card. WOW.

As others have said, Sizemore isnt White either. Really how many people are full breed anything anymore? I know Im a mutt too.

Anyways, to Mcab. You have the press all over him because he signed a humongous contract and hasnt lived up to it yet. This is a guy that was supposed to be hitting his prime years and in a killer lineup and putting up #'s like 40 homers, 150RBI's. Definately not gonna happen this year anyways.

The Fantasy world is all over him because he was a universal top 4 pick in most draft formats this season and is playing more like a 4th round pick.

Really the only people that bring up race anymore are the minorities. White America is over it, I think its time for everyone else to catch up.

Oh boy....
JoshExley
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby YerInUrine » Thu May 29, 2008 1:57 pm

I use a fairly simple solution to this problem.

My rule of thumb is to only draft Caucasian players.

That way I never have to worry about my players being lazy, getting injured, or even slumping.

To make things even easier, one of my leagues we have 6x6. Normal 5x5 cats plus whoever has the team with the lowest melanin count wins the 6th cat. We have it for both hitters and pitchers. I like that league because never any problems. There aren't any DL slots because we don't need any (Caucasian players can't get injured), and everyone is in first place in the standings.
YerInUrine
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby pelvis_kick » Thu May 29, 2008 2:07 pm

YerInUrine wrote:I use a fairly simple solution to this problem.

My rule of thumb is to only draft Caucasian players.

That way I never have to worry about my players being lazy, getting injured, or even slumping.

To make things even easier, one of my leagues we have 6x6. Normal 5x5 cats plus whoever has the team with the lowest melanin count wins the 6th cat. We have it for both hitters and pitchers. I like that league because never any problems. There aren't any DL slots because we don't need any (Caucasian players can't get injured), and everyone is in first place in the standings.

HAHAHAHA!!! ;-D
pelvis_kick
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers