Rios vs. Hart - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Rios vs. Hart

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Rios vs. Hart

Postby Inukchuk » Sun May 25, 2008 4:21 pm

J.C.Fighter wrote:
Inukchuk wrote:I thought both were overrated going into the season and (not to change the subject) I think Markakis outpaces both this year and beyond.

Do you seriously have to bring up Markakis in every thread? Seems like you do...

Huh? I've discussed little Nicky exactly twice this year...unless your talking about the sig, in which case, guilty as charged :-b . I just always notice he's never brought up in the same sentence as the rest of the middle-upper tier of young OF, and I think he should be. I had Rios last year, and I was very disappointed with the second half power outage. Also, my opinion of Hart is that he played over his head last year. I guess we'll find out as the season progresses...giggity... :-D
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Postby Relentless » Sun May 25, 2008 5:53 pm

Inukchuk wrote:
J.C.Fighter wrote:
Inukchuk wrote:I thought both were overrated going into the season and (not to change the subject) I think Markakis outpaces both this year and beyond.

Do you seriously have to bring up Markakis in every thread? Seems like you do...

Huh? I've discussed little Nicky exactly twice this year...unless your talking about the sig, in which case, guilty as charged :-b . I just always notice he's never brought up in the same sentence as the rest of the middle-upper tier of young OF, and I think he should be. I had Rios last year, and I was very disappointed with the second half power outage. Also, my opinion of Hart is that he played over his head last year. I guess we'll find out as the season progresses...giggity... :-D

Well this is an Alex Rios and Corey Hart thread... No need to bring up anyone else. So, what about Hunter Pence, Josh Hamilton, Matt Kemp, etc... Should they have to be brought up every time in this type of discussion as well?
Relentless
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Inukchuk » Sun May 25, 2008 6:25 pm

Relentless wrote:
Inukchuk wrote:
J.C.Fighter wrote:Do you seriously have to bring up Markakis in every thread? Seems like you do...

Well this is an Alex Rios and Corey Hart thread... No need to bring up anyone else. So, what about Hunter Pence, Josh Hamilton, Matt Kemp, etc... Should they have to be brought up every time in this type of discussion as well?

Whoa there, tough guy. No need to pile on the vets' comments. They can defend themselves. I thought I clarified the fact that I didn't want to hijack the topic when I wrote

not to change the subject

Honestly, you can bring a bunch of players into this discussion, as there seem to be quite a few young OF with similar skill sets (although Hamilton doesn't really fit in with the rest as more of a masher and less of a SB threat).

So I guess I should've written that I think both are a tad overrated and left it at that. JC, I'll try to keep the fawning over Markakis to a minimum. The last thing I want is to turn into the Brad Evans man lover of the cafe... :-o

Yoda, I don't know what you're laughing at... I may have to bring up a few of your Lincecum love fest posts from 07... ;-)
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

Postby mojoorising » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:06 pm

hehe did some digging and remembered reading this post over a year ago and then seeing them both go on to suck last year.... isnt it interesting how both these guys have turned it around and we keep the debate going. As far as im concerned i would rather have rios.
mojoorising
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby nsulham » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:50 pm

Ha, love it when threads like this come back. The Cafe's foresight is a heckuva thing sometimes lol. Anyways I have both of these guys (drafted Rios and picked Hart off waivers about a month ago) and I've been reaping the benefits. Play on playas.
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Inukchuk » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:53 pm

Hey, in 08, I was dead on there. This season... not so much... :-b
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

Postby AquaMan2342 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:09 pm

nsulham wrote:Ha, love it when threads like this come back. The Cafe's foresight is a heckuva thing sometimes lol. Anyways I have both of these guys (drafted Rios and picked Hart off waivers about a month ago) and I've been reaping the benefits. Play on playas.

Better believe it they have both been huge for me this year.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers