Chris R. Young - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Chris R. Young

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Chris R. Young

Postby divelaw71 » Thu May 22, 2008 8:34 pm

Pads placed Young on the DL tonight-no word on how long he might be out, but since this is not a true pitching related injury I am wondering if he misses the minimum 15??
"Why don't you just make 10 louder and make 10 be the top number, and make that a little louder"

"These go to 11".
divelaw71
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby djack909 » Fri May 23, 2008 12:31 am

Been watching the game before Pesky was a rookie. 60 + years. Have seen to many careers ended by this type of injury. (Herb Score,Tony C and ect.) Let us pray for Chris.
djack909
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby taw856 » Fri May 23, 2008 12:33 am

I think Young has lost much of his value for the remainder of this year. He'll be out for some time. We don't know how it will affect him mentally when he returns. And let's face it, the Padres offer no run support and appear utterly star-crossed this year.

Hopefully the Pads can just get all their bad karma out of the way at once this season. :-{
taw856
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby WaCougMBS » Fri May 23, 2008 1:46 am

taw856 wrote:I think Young has lost much of his value for the remainder of this year. He'll be out for some time. We don't know how it will affect him mentally when he returns. And let's face it, the Padres offer no run support and appear utterly star-crossed this year.

Hopefully the Pads can just get all their bad karma out of the way at once this season. :-{

Yeah, its been a rough week for their Ps and Cs :-t

Hopefully they can get it all out of their system sooner than later...
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby byfrcp » Fri May 23, 2008 3:44 am

Damn, he was going to get a 2 start week against WAS and SF next week too :-C Get well quick Chris
byfrcp
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Return of the King » Fri May 23, 2008 8:21 am

which means cbs will not have him listed on the dl until Saturday. :-C
Return of the King
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Chicago RedSox » Fri May 23, 2008 11:53 am

I remember Matt Clement took a comebacker to the head a few years ago, and he was never the same pitcher afterwards. Hopefully Young will respond differently, but I'm not too optimistic. Here's to a speedy recovery. ;-D
Play Ball
Chicago RedSox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby IrishDrunk » Sat May 24, 2008 8:31 am

Per CBS:

Chris R. Young, SP SD

News: Padres trainer Todd Hutcheson said SP Chris R. Young, who broke his nose after Cardinals 1B Albert Pujols lined a ball off it Wednesday, will be prevented from doing anything baseball related for at least two weeks. "The fracture did go beyond the nasal bone and affected some other facial bones," Hutcheson said. "Because of that it's required a lot more extensive evaluation." Hutcheson said the evaluation process will have to wait until the swelling subsides. But Padres manager Bud Black said Young return is "not going to be in two or three weeks. It's going to be much longer." A CAT scan revealed a "small crack in the bones of the skull," Hutcheson said. "We're a little concerned about the movement of fluid."

Analysis: Young, who did not suffer a concussion on the play, was placed on the 15-day disabled list on Thursday. The 6-foot-10 hurler wanted to remain in the game even as he was sitting on the grass with blood gushing out of the bridge of his nose. "I thought if (Hutcheson) could get the blood stopped, I could jump back on the mound and try to keep going," he said. Young is a dominating pitcher who suffers from a lack of run support when healthy, but he looks like a long-term DL stashee at this point. The Padres might even wait until after the All-Star break to bring him back.

The kid has balls alright - lets just hope the Fluid stuff isn't negative...
IrishDrunk
College Coach
College Coach

Postby cwrtlm » Sun May 25, 2008 7:45 am

I love this guy. He has shown grit and guts. So when is he likely to return? Is he droppable in a 10 team league with no DL spot? With pitchers like Colon, the Unit, Jered Weaver sitting on waivers, is it a good idea to do a drop for one of these guys?
Thanks
C- Hundley, Iannetta
1b- Wallace
2b- Barney/Barmes
3b- J. Lopez
CO- G. Sanchez
SS- Tulo
MI- Castro
OF- Bay, Hart, Pagan, Smith, Francisco, Ankiel
U- C. Ross(DL), Cantu
P- Carpent, Billings, Volquez, Marcum, Norris, J. Vazquez, Westbrook, Wolf, E Rogers
cwrtlm
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Matthias » Sun May 25, 2008 11:09 am

cwrtlm wrote:I love this guy. He has shown grit and guts. So when is he likely to return? Is he droppable in a 10 team league with no DL spot? With pitchers like Colon, the Unit, Jered Weaver sitting on waivers, is it a good idea to do a drop for one of these guys?
Thanks

Wrong forum. DTKW over that way --------------> *
0-3 to 4-3. Worst choke in the history of baseball. Enough said.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates