Any thoughts on Bartolo Colon? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Any thoughts on Bartolo Colon?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Any thoughts on Bartolo Colon?

Postby Field » Wed May 21, 2008 8:42 pm

He actually looks a lot better than I thought he would tonight. Hitting 95 MPH with his fastball and seems to be locating it really well. Despite the 2 runs, he really hasn't be hit hard. A pleasant surprise for sure. That said, KC has scored the fewest runs in the league this year and no one on their team is projects to eclipse 20 HRs if you extrapolate their current production over 162 games. 8-o
Field
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Field » Wed May 21, 2008 8:43 pm

Bloody Sox wrote:
LostInTheSauce wrote:THIS IS SPAM!!!!! And on top of that its plain rude!!!! Look at Babe Ruth and Eric Gregg, they were both weight challenged and look at the job they did. Did a mob of cheese steak weilding belly enhanced kids beat you up when you were little?

Dude, your name fits you perfect. You should figure out how to get off the sauce.

Lol at this response. I've actually thought this same comment before reading a prior one of his posts. :-B
Field
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby DaShiz23 » Wed May 21, 2008 9:18 pm

Field wrote:
Bloody Sox wrote:
LostInTheSauce wrote:THIS IS SPAM!!!!! And on top of that its plain rude!!!! Look at Babe Ruth and Eric Gregg, they were both weight challenged and look at the job they did. Did a mob of cheese steak weilding belly enhanced kids beat you up when you were little?

Dude, your name fits you perfect. You should figure out how to get off the sauce.

Lol at this response. I've actually thought this same comment before reading a prior one of his posts. :-B

Hey now, we can make fat and John Daly jokes all we like, but the drinkin jokes must end. Some of my best posts have been under the influence. and not just under the influence, but UNDER THE INFLUENCE. drinking is a life style, not a liability. :-D :-D
DaShiz23
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 67)

Postby HipHipJorge » Wed May 21, 2008 10:08 pm

He actually did well tonight. Only gave up two. But hey, it is against the Royals. Although we did designate Taveras..so maybe he is stickin around.
HipHipJorge
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby LostInTheSauce » Wed May 21, 2008 10:15 pm

Reference the fat vegetarian thread to put my post into perspective. ;-D
LostInTheSauce
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby redjake » Wed May 21, 2008 10:59 pm

hwiggen wrote:I just checked out his profile on CBSSports.com and at first glance I thought it was a picture of Andre the Giant. Of course, the picture may be old--Bartolo could be even larger by now. }:-)

Speaking of Eric Gregg, I heard a story about him, maybe someone else has heard it. He was third base umpire for a game and during pregame warmups someone (a player I think) put a cheeseburger on third base while Gregg was looking elsewhere. As the story goes, when Gregg got near the base and saw the burger he good-naturedly took a bite out of it, then gave it to a bat boy or an usher to dispose of. I've always wondered if it really happened. :-b

What else could he do? If true, that's pretty funny.
redjake
College Coach
College Coach

Postby shasty mcnasty » Wed May 21, 2008 11:36 pm

bwahaha, that crazy jive you were talking in the other thread was over the top, but this is genuinely funny. :-b
shasty mcnasty
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Location: enjoying another beautiful day in southwest Michigan

Postby ROC AllStars » Wed May 21, 2008 11:57 pm

I know its been said before, but really saying he's fat is just stating a fact. Its like saying that Rich Hill is tall. Or that Julio Franco is old. Or that Pedro Martinez is bionically reconstructed. The list goes on and on, it is beyond the scope of this post to exhaust it.
"This guy leads the league in most offensive categories, including nose hair..."
ROC AllStars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 5)

Postby thedude » Thu May 22, 2008 1:06 am

He pitched well most of his pitches were around 92, and he may have tired a little toward the end of his outing, but he looked pretty good and if he continues to regain velocity he should be decent.
Last edited by thedude on Thu May 22, 2008 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby J35J » Thu May 22, 2008 8:13 am

thedude wrote:He pitched well most of his pitches were around 92, and he may have tired a little toward the end of his outing, but he looked pretty and if he continues to regain velocity he should be decent.

:-o
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 363)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers