David Murphy - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

David Murphy

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: David Murphy

Postby DSheppard » Fri May 23, 2008 6:43 pm

well, scratch that blalock moving murphy to 6th thing.

blalock not coming off the dl after all.

edit: and murph promptly hits a 2 rbi double in the 5 spot in the first inning =)
DSheppard
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BTOWNHESS » Sat May 24, 2008 11:06 am

Murphy should own the #5 spot for the rest of the season. Just the last 10 games- 6 multi-hit games including one 4 hit game, and three 3 hit games. 7 doubles, 2 homers and 12 RBI's. Im not sure the last time Blalock had a stretch like that. When Hank does return though, nothing wrong with...

Kinsler
Young
Hammy
Bradley
Murphy
Blalock
Laird/Salty
Shelton/Vazquez

Nice lineup.
BTOWNHESS
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby freeling_prideful » Sat May 24, 2008 12:00 pm

Murphy puzzles me a lot, I'm surprised by how much power he's flashed in the early going. Does anyone think he has legitimate 20-25 HR pop? I always saw him as more of a 12-15 kind of guy.
freeling_prideful
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby DSheppard » Sat May 24, 2008 1:25 pm

Murphy's power in the minors was always disappointing after being a 1st rounder, maybe hes finally added a little more to get him over the top.

I think the double power is very legit. HR wise, 15 HR is probably more typical... but given that he a lefty whose power is to right center and he plays in arlington... the ballpark could push him to 20. I think I said 18-20 earlier and id still go with that for this year. lots of doubles.

BTOWNHESS wrote:Murphy should own the #5 spot for the rest of the season. Just the last 10 games- 6 multi-hit games including one 4 hit game, and three 3 hit games. 7 doubles, 2 homers and 12 RBI's. Im not sure the last time Blalock had a stretch like that. When Hank does return though, nothing wrong with...

Kinsler
Young
Hammy
Bradley
Murphy
Blalock
Laird/Salty
Shelton/Vazquez

Nice lineup.

I dont really disagree at all, but i have little doubt the rangers will use blalock there just because its really his spot to lose, murphy got it when blalock got injured and hes been around the rangers so long.
hes supposedly coming back sometime next week.

also, the rangers face lee/sabathia/kazmir the next three days. nightmare matchups for murph.
DSheppard
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby MrE » Sat May 24, 2008 4:38 pm

I think the trade to Texas was the best thing that could have happened for him. He will get his ABs in a park that favors his style of hitting!
- MrE -
MrE
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jdsun1 » Sat May 24, 2008 7:39 pm

MrE wrote:I think the trade to Texas was the best thing that could have happened for him. He will get his ABs in a park that favors his style of hitting!

Agreed. He should be a viable 3rd OF the rest of the way.
jdsun1
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers