An inactive owner - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

An inactive owner

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

An inactive owner

Postby bpizle » Wed May 21, 2008 3:18 pm

I have a 10 team h2h keeper league on CBS. Basically me and my friend have had a league for 3 years, we started the keeper this season. Me and him are especially active, we already cut someone this year because of inactivity. Its also a 15.00 per person league fee to go towards the league prize. Basically me and my friend are trying to build an EXTREMELy active league, or at least people that take time to look at trades and deals, also, its a daily league, so i would like for people to switch out pitchers. We feel that if you join a league that is active, BE ACTIVE. We have trades that just sit there forever ( 2-4 weeks) sometimes. Basically im coming here to ask you guys, should i just drop him, and pick someone else up off here? And just refund the money? WHIR. PLEASE REPLY, there may be multiple owners getting cut.
bpizle
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: An inactive owner

Postby lilfrier » Wed May 21, 2008 3:27 pm

I'll replace him
lilfrier
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 22)

Postby bpizle » Wed May 21, 2008 3:49 pm

keith, ur not a commish, get OUT OF HERE. lol
bpizle
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby lilfrier » Wed May 21, 2008 3:52 pm

Bax, PAUL MAHOLM SUCKS!
lilfrier
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Merlin401 » Thu May 22, 2008 12:40 am

I dont know... if he paid $15 to be in the league maybe you should let them stay? Especially if their teams are somewhat competitive. Just dont invite them back next year.
Merlin401
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Eagle Baseball » Thu May 22, 2008 9:43 am

I would not drop him. Let everyone manage their teams the way they want.
Eagle Baseball
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby noseeum » Thu May 22, 2008 10:45 am

You have to set expectations first and see if people live up to them.

Things like, you should be logging in every day to check your team. You should respond to a trade offer within two days. Etc. etc. If you haven't done this, than it's not cool to give people the boot. But it's time right now to discuss these things and get some commitments.
noseeum
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby lilfrier » Thu May 22, 2008 12:04 pm

I'm not a commissioner, but I am somewhat the co-commish in the league with him. We've actually posted numerous times to get people active, and even tried to schedule league meetings to sort things out (i.e. inactivity and future rule changes), but to no avail. They ignore the things and allow problems to fester and then complian once we say we're going to decide things for ourselves. It's not a spontaneous thing we do, they have been this way for over a month, and have had numerous warnings. Here's an example: our active teams have transaction totals of 117, 115, and 97. One person has 6 transactions since FEBRUARY! Now one of the people is being belligerent and becoming extremely frustrating and rude.
lilfrier
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Merlin401 » Thu May 22, 2008 12:09 pm

lilfrier wrote:I'm not a commissioner, but I am somewhat the co-commish in the league with him. We've actually posted numerous times to get people active, and even tried to schedule league meetings to sort things out (i.e. inactivity and future rule changes), but to no avail. They ignore the things and allow problems to fester and then complian once we say we're going to decide things for ourselves. It's not a spontaneous thing we do, they have been this way for over a month, and have had numerous warnings. Here's an example: our active teams have transaction totals of 117, 115, and 97. One person has 6 transactions since FEBRUARY! Now one of the people is being belligerent and becoming extremely frustrating and rude.

Some people dont have the time or energy to make 1 or 2 transactions every single day! Six on the year is not that big a deal. Maybe the last year they played in a league that capped yearly transactions to 20 and are not used to shaking up their lineup daily. Do they have DL people on their starting lineups? If not, maybe they're happy with their team.
Merlin401
College Coach
College Coach

Postby lilfrier » Thu May 22, 2008 12:14 pm

They actually had Frank Thomas starting for like 4 days after he was cut by the Jays. And again, they never defend their inactivity, or even bother to tell us that they are busy. We aid at the beginning we were doing an extremely active daily league, and all of them said they would be. And 2-4 weeks to check trades is uncalled for.
lilfrier
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Commissioner's Corner