Vetoable trade? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Vetoable trade?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Vetoable trade?

Postby SumG » Wed May 21, 2008 1:32 pm

Hey all, the following trade just went down in the league I commish. I'm looking to see if I should raise a fuss over the deal.

10 team 5x5 H2H league, standard rosters + MI,CI,OF4

Aybar, Gomez, Wellenmeyer for Lackey, Furcal

On a side note, the two owners are brothers, but I'm not sure collusion is an issue. One of them (the one on the short side) is just a newbie to fantasy baseball and his brother might be taking advantage of that.

All insight is appreciated.
SumG
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Vetoable trade?

Postby Matthias » Wed May 21, 2008 2:03 pm

Well, it may pay to put the trade on hold while you make sure that the newbie knows what he's getting into. And then if he still wants to do the deal, push it through.
0-3 to 4-3. Worst choke in the history of baseball. Enough said.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby converge241 » Wed May 21, 2008 4:47 pm

hearing the brother thing raised my suspiscion but hey its possible Gomez performs well all year and wellemeyer same thing etc

someones getting screwed in the deal IMO but he could have gotten sweetalked/good sales job and not collusion
"I'm the man with the ball. I'm the man who can throw it faster than F***. So that's why I'm better than anyone in the world." - Kenny Powers
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 100)

Postby Merlin401 » Thu May 22, 2008 12:38 am

converge241 wrote:hearing the brother thing raised my suspiscion but hey its possible Gomez performs well all year and wellemeyer same thing etc

someones getting screwed in the deal IMO but he could have gotten sweetalked/good sales job and not collusion

Not a good deal but not veto-able IMO. Concern over Furcal's back (will this be a chronic thing?) is legitimate although he's probably just being short-sighted. This is how you learn.
Merlin401
College Coach
College Coach

Postby noseeum » Thu May 22, 2008 10:41 am

If it's pushed through (and I think it should probably be), there should be loud and vocal razzing on the board, and a positive, private email from the commish to the kid trading furcal and lackey, telling him good job being active, but when you're trading guys of that caliber, you should make sure you shop them around. You always want to make sure you get the best deal, etc. Even if you've given up on a player someone else may not have. Etc. etc.
noseeum
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Commissioner's Corner