Kershaw on WW.. !!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Kershaw on WW.. !!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Kershaw on WW.. !!!

Postby master_herm » Wed May 21, 2008 4:07 am

I'm in a Yahoo! league and as you all know, Kershaw isn't available on the WW. Naturally, without waives, this is a first-come first-serve, luck thing to see who manages to pick him up. Do you have any idea when Kershaw is likely to be added to the Yahoo! player pool so I could maybe work something out with my friends that wouldn't involve us refreshing the page constantly at any Kershaw rumor? Thanks.
master_herm
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Kershaw on WW.. !!!

Postby converge241 » Wed May 21, 2008 4:50 pm

Kerhsaw will likely be added after he pitches for the dodgers (generally how most sites like Yahoo go) usually its a day or two after the 1st game so its possible if they call him up to start depending on how long your waivers are he might not be on a roster in time for start 2

some sites had him and many others as non-waivers added in the database right from the start(he, scherzer etc etc)
"I'm the man with the ball. I'm the man who can throw it faster than F***. So that's why I'm better than anyone in the world." - Kenny Powers
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 99)

Postby Eagle Baseball » Thu May 22, 2008 9:59 am

I would not play in a league that does not have waivers. As you said it is just who happens to be on Yahoo at 2:00 am when Kershaw gets added. Who wants to or has the time to do that.

Not sure what you mean by "work something out with my friends..." Do you mean that this is a friends league and you want to settle it now as to who gets Kershaw when he becomes available? If that is what you mean here is what I would do. Pick a player who is available in yahoo (like Prior, Stults etc) that nobody in your league would ever want. That player is Kershaw. Go to the last place team first and see if he wants this player if yes than he picks up this player if no than it goes to the next to last until someone wants him. The stipulation would be that this "new" Kershaw must stay on the teams roster and take up a roster spot until Kershaw gets called up and than the team that has him justs does an add/drop for Kershaw.
Eagle Baseball
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby master_herm » Thu May 22, 2008 3:09 pm

Thanks, that's a great idea. Waivers were removed because people were annoyed at having to wait to pick up guys and also people were confused as to how waivers work (they didn't understand how it was determined who got better waivers than others). I'll do what you said, thanks for the help.
master_herm
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Writer

Return to Commissioner's Corner