Furcal... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Furcal...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Furcal...

Postby PavanoAllstars » Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:13 pm

He's going to come back... the problem is this is usually a chronic, lingering problem (as will likely be the case for Wainwright when he comes back for the rest of the year...)... I love Furcal, I traded Tejada for him before the start of the season and I still have no reservations, it was a risk that paid off for a month... then disaster... Furcal plays the game hard and loves to play, but I just worry he'll aggravate his back again BECAUSE he plays so hard!!! Oh well... time will tell, I hope for the best and it certainly sounds like his state of mind is GREAT right now
For every Brett Myers there's a Nate McLouth...
PavanoAllstars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Chicago RedSox » Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:21 am

Per Rotowire:
Jun 29 Furcal (back) could return for the upcoming series against the Giants that begins Friday in San Francisco, the Dodgers' official site reports.

Recommendation: Furcal will resume his place at the top of the lineup and hopes to give the team a much-needed boost offensively.

I'm not going to get my hopes up, but it sounds like he's ready to go. Can't wait to get him back in my lineup.
Play Ball
Chicago RedSox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Relentless » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:58 pm

Chicago RedSox wrote:Per Rotowire:
Jun 29 Furcal (back) could return for the upcoming series against the Giants that begins Friday in San Francisco, the Dodgers' official site reports.

Recommendation: Furcal will resume his place at the top of the lineup and hopes to give the team a much-needed boost offensively.

I'm not going to get my hopes up, but it sounds like he's ready to go. Can't wait to get him back in my lineup.

Yeah, let's just hope that he will be the same guy as he was before hitting the DL. Unlike last year, where he struggled all year after coming off the DL during the start of the season.
Relentless
College Coach
College Coach

Postby PavanoAllstars » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:00 pm

Relentless wrote:
Chicago RedSox wrote:Per Rotowire:

Yeah, let's just hope that he will be the same guy as he was before hitting the DL. Unlike last year, where he struggled all year after coming off the DL during the start of the season.

you hit the nail on the head...
PavanoAllstars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Bwanna » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:58 pm

Relentless wrote:Yeah, let's just hope that he will be the same guy as he was before hitting the DL. Unlike last year, where he struggled all year after coming off the DL during the start of the season.

I'm guessing it will take a couple of weeks to get his timing back, so I'm tempering my expectations. But, they need him now more than ever with Pierre hitting the DL today.
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 255)

Postby PavanoAllstars » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:14 pm

Bwanna wrote:
Relentless wrote:Yeah, let's just hope that he will be the same guy as he was before hitting the DL. Unlike last year, where he struggled all year after coming off the DL during the start of the season.

I'm guessing it will take a couple of weeks to get his timing back, so I'm tempering my expectations. But, they need him now more than ever with Pierre hitting the DL today.

hopefully furcal will be healthy enough to steal some bases... I will miss Pierre's productivity in that department :~(
PavanoAllstars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Surrender2theYankees » Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:56 pm

Per Yahoo Sports:

Jul 1 SS Rafael Furcal, OF Andruw Jones and IF Nomar Garciaparra opened rehab assignments Monday with Class AAA Las Vegas. Jones, serving as a designated hitter, made the biggest splash, going 1-for-3 with a home run and a walk. He is trying to come back from right knee surgery on May 27. Furcal (lower back tightness) was 1-for-3 with a double and an RBI, and Garciaparra (strained right calf) was 0-for-2 with a walk.

You can't get TOO excited...I'm kinda waiting for his back to get stiff again..but I hope he's ok for the rest of the year or most of it
Surrender2theYankees
College Coach
College Coach

Postby PavanoAllstars » Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:12 am

Furcal reportedly woke up Tues with stiffness in his lower back and is leaving rehab to get it checked out... this doesn't sound good and the dodgers site is reporting that it could lead to season ending surgery... this blows
PavanoAllstars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby TheGB » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:44 am

Is it finally time then?

Cut ties w/ Furcal and Drop him???

I am fortunate to have picked up Tulowitzki and Hardy this past couple of weeks.

I like Furcal but this merry-go-round is ridiculous!....I want off this ride!:)

Thoughts on Furcal anyone?
TheGB
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Chicago RedSox » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:48 am

I'm close to dropping him, but I know once I do he'll come back healthy and ready to mash. All I want is some definitive news so I can make an easy decision in one direction or the other. I'm going to give it another week....see what happens.
Play Ball
Chicago RedSox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates