Gagne again!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Gagne again!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Gagne again!!

Postby TheBambino » Wed May 21, 2008 12:20 am

"Gagne was removed from Tuesday's game in the ninth inning with an undisclosed injury. There has been no word as to the type or extent of the injury, but it's yet another dark day in what's been an awful season for Gagne. True to his 2008 form, he allowed two earned runs in two-thirds of an inning before leaving" (Rotowire)

Who now?
TheBambino
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Gagne again!!

Postby Zhangman1 » Wed May 21, 2008 12:43 am

i think i read shoulder stiffness somewhere else....i would guess torress is next
Zhangman1
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 18)

Postby Sp_Da_Man » Wed May 21, 2008 9:50 pm

From Rototimes:

Eric Gagne has flown back to Milwaukee and will be shut down until further notice, according to the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel. The reliever has a stiff right shoulder and will be examined by team trainers and Dr. William Raasch to decide what the best course of action is. "It's all in the front of the shoulder," Gagne said. "Now we're just waiting to see. It's just one of those things (where) you usually warm up and it goes away, but it was getting tighter and tighter (Tuesday)."

Manager Ned Yost said the Brewers will use a committee at closer while Gagne is out, though Soloman Torres will get most of the chances.

Our View: The way Gagne has pitched, perhaps a little time off will do he and the Brewers some good.
Sp_Da_Man
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby converge241 » Thu May 22, 2008 7:27 am

Any word when they will officially DL him? I cant imagine a 15 day trip would be a bad thing right now
"I'm the man with the ball. I'm the man who can throw it faster than F***. So that's why I'm better than anyone in the world." - Kenny Powers
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 100)

Postby felixthecat011 » Thu May 22, 2008 10:37 am

I finally gave in and scooped Torres - Gagne is killing me. As a Red Sox fan, you'd think I should know better after what he did here last year...

The problem is that with that bloated contract, they'll probably keep running him out there when he gets back, so you really can't drop him.

I've been burned in the past (with Cordero in Texas a few years ago), where I held the onto the ousted closer hoping he got his job back, and then he never does... From the sounds of things, Gagne isn't hurt all that bad, but even if that's true, they may give a little more time to come back to clear his head.
felixthecat011
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Postby pangbones » Thu May 22, 2008 9:29 pm

felixthecat011 wrote:I've been burned in the past (with Cordero in Texas a few years ago), where I held the onto the ousted closer hoping he got his job back, and then he never does... From the sounds of things, Gagne isn't hurt all that bad, but even if that's true, they may give a little more time to come back to clear his head.

Didn't Cordero get traded that year, and then did very well the rest of the year in Milwaukee?? :-?

Anyway's I think Rotoworld reported that he was told not to throw for only 3 days. And they wen't on to speculate that Milwaukee might be holding out hope that he return sometime next week. I think a couple of weeks off for Gagne would be a good thing. I mean why not?? He's not pitching well at all.
pangbones
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby JKelleyRice996 » Fri May 23, 2008 10:54 pm

Rotoworld:

"Brewers placed RHP Eric Gagne on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to May 21, with right rotator cuff tendinitis."
JKelleyRice996
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby felixthecat011 » Tue May 27, 2008 1:02 pm

Didn't Cordero get traded that year, and then did very well the rest of the year in Milwaukee?? :-?[

He sure did... after I had finally dropped him.
felixthecat011
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Return to Injuries & Player Updates