Scott Moore?? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Scott Moore??

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Scott Moore??

Postby Bozo » Tue May 20, 2008 3:50 pm

Does any one know what has happened to Scott Moore down at Norfolk? I own him in a deep AL only keeper draft and I've been trying to track his progress (or lack of it) down in AAA. He hasn't played in the last week and now isn't even showing up on Norfolk's roster.
Bozo
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Scott Moore??

Postby MaudDib » Wed May 21, 2008 10:15 am

MiLB shows that he played last night. Had a 3B, HR, 3 RBI, 2 runs and 2 hits. Nice line.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 380)

Postby PlayingWithFire » Thu May 29, 2008 4:59 am

Probably nothing more than a bench bat at this point.
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Bobbleheadrusty » Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:35 pm

Bozo wrote:Does any one know what has happened to Scott Moore down at Norfolk? I own him in a deep AL only keeper draft and I've been trying to track his progress (or lack of it) down in AAA. He hasn't played in the last week and now isn't even showing up on Norfolk's roster.

They are planning to move him around the infield a bit in Norfolk (rumor). He has a nice bat but he responded poorly to being sent down and got in a funk. The problem is the Orioles dont have a spot for him at 3B with Mora/Huff for now and they have Rowell (I think thats the name) who will eventually take that job, they plan. Considering how horrible the SS position has been and the lack of prospects there (Cintron/Bynum) he may be able to come up there if he improves on D.
Bobbleheadrusty
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:34 pm

Bobbleheadrusty wrote:
Bozo wrote:Does any one know what has happened to Scott Moore down at Norfolk? I own him in a deep AL only keeper draft and I've been trying to track his progress (or lack of it) down in AAA. He hasn't played in the last week and now isn't even showing up on Norfolk's roster.

They are planning to move him around the infield a bit in Norfolk (rumor). He has a nice bat but he responded poorly to being sent down and got in a funk. The problem is the Orioles dont have a spot for him at 3B with Mora/Huff for now and they have Rowell (I think thats the name) who will eventually take that job, they plan. Considering how horrible the SS position has been and the lack of prospects there (Cintron/Bynum) he may be able to come up there if he improves on D.

That's exactly right. The organization still has hope that either Bynum or Luis Hernandez will pan out and be a good SS, but there's no guaruntee of that. If Moore can learn to play the position, he might have a shot at getting some time there as early as next year. However, if he can't, then his best hope is to move across the diamond and learn to play some first base. Right now, Constanzo and Rowell are the 3B that have good shots at getting playing time there long term. Moore is definitely behind both of them.

2011 Live Free or DyNasty Champ
A Fleshner Fantasy
Wicked Wikitect
Wicked Wikitect

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 33)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Minor League & College Baseball