Clueless in points league-suggestions??? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Clueless in points league-suggestions???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Clueless in points league-suggestions???

Postby bjm97 » Tue May 20, 2008 1:17 pm

Hi All,

I was asked to help a friend in a points league and have never played in a points league before. Below are the catagories, our team, and the best available FA (IMO). Any suggestions would be appreciated/welcome!

10 team, points, non keeper, with daily roster changes, Max games 162, IP-2000.

These are the Catagories/points R, H, 1B, 2B, 3B, HR, RBI, SB, CS, BB, K, IP, W, L, CG, SHO, SV, ER, BB, K, PG, BSV
R (3), H (1), 1B (1), 2B (3), 3B (5), HR (7), RBI (5), SB (5), CS (-3), BB (1), K (-4), IP (5), W (15), L (-5), CG (10), SHO (15), SV (20), ER (-3), BB (-3), K (5), PG (100), BSV (-5)

Positions-
C Varitek
1b Teixeira
2b Phillips
3b Crede
SS Hanley
OF Berkman
OF Matsui
OF Crawford
UTIL McLouth
UTIL Carlos Guillen
BN Kendall, Nady, DeRosa
DL- Doumit
DL
DL
Pitching (SP, SP, SP, RP, P, P)
SP- Marcum, Dempster, Daniel Cabrera, Volquez, Cliff Lee, Padilla, Blackburn
RP- Lidge, Lyon, Wags

FA-
Bats- Figgins, Hart, Tulowitzki, Swisher, adam LaRoche, Drew, Ludwick, Werth, Bradley, Jacobs, Gomez, Ankiel, Napoli, Winn, Barmes, Cantu, Jose Guillen, Church, Kotsay, Salty,

Pitchers- RP- Saito, Hoffman, C Perez, Todd Jones, Rauch, Wood, CJ Wilson, Fuentes, Downs, Kuo,
SP Wellemeyer, Lilly, Sonnanstine, Jurrjens, Redding, Danks, E Jackson, McGowan, Kuroda, Meche, Baker, W Rodriguez, Laffey, Pelfrey, K Rogers, Scott Olsen, Lannan, Pettitte, RJ, Moose,

I currently have one bench spot open, and 3 DL spots. Does it make sense to have 3 catchers (and who is the most valueable + do I add Napoli instead of any). My plan was to add Figgins/Tulo (both for the remaining DL spots), and then pick up whom? Hart/ Lilly? Also- who would you trade (cliff Lee comes to mind as does Dempster- what type of perceived value do they have/who could I ask for)? Thanks to ALL!!!
bjm97
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Clueless in points league-suggestions???

Postby Joshiroth » Wed May 21, 2008 4:15 pm

Your team looks very solid overall, the only thing I'm kinda worried about is your pitching, right now it's phenominal because all of those pitchers are throwing on all cylinders, but none of them are proven Studs yet, so I'm worried about a few falling off the wagon, but other than that your team is very potent. ;-D

Pick-up Lilly and Sonnanstine to bolster your pitching, both are pitching great right now, Lilly started off terrible but over the past few weeks he's show his form from last year.
Joshiroth
College Coach
College Coach

Re: Clueless in points league-suggestions???

Postby nothingtoproveco » Thu May 22, 2008 3:22 am

Excellent squad overall. Your offense in particular is looking excellent with Hanley, Crawford, Berkman etc. I agree with Joshiroth about your pitching however. You staff is great up to date but I'd imagine you'll see a slight decline in their numbers as the season continues. I would look to sell high on them if possible for a more proven, consistent pitcher. Obviously right now Cliff Lee has a lot of value and I'd imagine you could find someone in your league willing to make a deal for him.

In terms of catchers, I don't see a need for 3 of them but if you have the room it wouldn't be the worst idea in the world. I like Napoli a lot despite his low average and I expect him to be getting more playing time in the future. Thanks for the comments on my squad.
nothingtoproveco
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team