Snider vs Matusz - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Snider vs Matusz

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Snider vs Matusz

Postby MaudDib » Mon May 19, 2008 2:10 pm

I have been working on a deal with a guy in a dynasty league. Right now it is Lackey for Gallardo. I wanted another player in return for Lackey and he is offering Snider or Matusz. Snider is a pretty high prospect right now but he strikes out an awful lot. He reminds me of Brandon Wood who also hit for power but had a high K rate. I think Snider is could be good but I worry about that high K total. Matusz is a top 5 draft pick and easily one of the top 2 SP in the draft. Only thing I worry about is that I have heard that his arm delivery isn't the best and he could have arm troubles in the future. So if you were looking into the future about 3 years from now who will be the better player?

WHIR in return as always.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 369)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Snider vs Matusz

Postby jwhands » Mon May 19, 2008 7:08 pm

It would depend somewhat on your roster, but I like Snider. I don't see him being as much of a risk as Wood, since Snider has been able to hit for average at every level.
Jody, Jody Davis. Hits 'em high and far. Jody, Jody Davis. He's a superstar. Holy Cow!!!! http://www.stinkytee.com
jwhands
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby cardinal1975 » Mon May 19, 2008 9:31 pm

I would almost always lean with the hitter. Snider is still ONLY 20 years old. He is still learning to shorten his strike zone and sometimes it takes a little time. Matusz is a very good(college)pitcher, but he is far from a guarentee. Snider is already in High A ball and only 20. He should be promoted to AA at some point. So many thing can go wrong for a pitcher(just look at Price's injury issues to start the year and he was the consensus best college pitcher). Go with Snider. ;-D
cardinal1975
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Postby hybrid » Mon May 19, 2008 10:02 pm

Even with Snider struggling (btw he is in AA) if you ever have to think about, go with the hitter. To many things can just go wrong w/ pitchers and it usually happens.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby cardinal1975 » Mon May 19, 2008 10:41 pm

Ooops....It looks as though he has already been promoted. Gotta keep Snider. Thanks Hybrid....sometimes I slip up....nice of you to help catch me. ;-)
cardinal1975
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Return to Minor League & College Baseball