Postby dweenmachine » Sun May 25, 2008 9:25 am

He's FINALLY available in Yahoo... ;-D
dweenmachine
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Re: clayton kershaw

Postby Whomper » Sun May 25, 2008 9:33 am

I am not that familiar with him. Is he worth # 2 waiver priority in a 16 and 12 team league ?
Whomper
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wildbill » Sun May 25, 2008 6:12 pm

Whomper wrote:I am not that familiar with him. Is he worth # 2 waiver priority in a 16 and 12 team league ?

Not enough information to really answer that. If they're mixed leagues then in a 16 team league he probably is worht the shot, in a 12 team league there might be better on your WW, I know there is in my 12 team mixed league. Everything I've read on this guy recently says he still has fairly serious control problems that will be exposed vs major league hitters and limit his usefulness, but he could be brilliant at times.
wildbill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Surrender2theYankees » Mon May 26, 2008 5:20 am

Whomper wrote:I am not that familiar with him. Is he worth # 2 waiver priority in a 16 and 12 team league ?

I think he is worth the #2 waiver priority. He is worth the gamble. I think he will have his ups and downs b/c he is so young, but in that division, its so weak, he'll be good. His era will prob be around 3.75-4.00 but he'll have good K numbers. This guy could be a top 10-15 SP rest of the way with the potential for even more. After watching highlights of tonights game, he looked pretty sick.
Surrender2theYankees
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Whomper » Mon May 26, 2008 8:13 am

wildbill wrote:

Not enough information to really answer that. If they're mixed leagues then in a 16 team league he probably is worht the shot, in a 12 team league there might be better on your WW, I know there is in my 12 team mixed league. Everything I've read on this guy recently says he still has fairly serious control problems that will be exposed vs major league hitters and limit his usefulness, but he could be brilliant at times.

You're right. My Bad. Both Mixed Leagues . 12 team has huge rosters so its a no brainer there. Dropping Zito for him. 16 team rosters are small. Dropped Eithier for him. I will know in 2 days
Whomper
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby yanks924 » Mon May 26, 2008 6:09 pm

I want to pick him up and I am going to use my waiver on him but do you think he will be sent back down soon after his few starts? I can't help but think about Jered Weaver a couple of years ago when he was dominating but they still sent him back down again for like a month. What do you guys think?
yanks924
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Wrangor » Mon May 26, 2008 11:41 pm

Very possible he is sent back down. More likely that he is either sent to the bullpen to limit his innings, or he is just skipped as a starter when they have the opportunity. From what I have read the Dodgers have committed to give him 3 starts, and after that it is up in the air. If he pitches two more like his 1st start they will probably keep him up as the 5th starter and skip him every once in a while.

I would say it is highly likely that he would be a frustrating player to own in a one year league...keeper and dynasty leagues should pick him regardless of how much he will pitch this year. He is a top 5 starter by 2010 IMO, and has the stuff to be the best SP in the major leagues.
Wrangor
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Yanks_Baby » Mon May 26, 2008 11:43 pm

Wrangor wrote:Very possible he is sent back down. More likely that he is either sent to the bullpen to limit his innings, or he is just skipped as a starter when they have the opportunity. From what I have read the Dodgers have committed to give him 3 starts, and after that it is up in the air. If he pitches two more like his 1st start they will probably keep him up as the 5th starter and skip him every once in a while.

I would say it is highly likely that he would be a frustrating player to own in a one year league...keeper and dynasty leagues should pick him regardless of how much he will pitch this year. He is a top 5 starter by 2010 IMO, and has the stuff to be the best SP in the major leagues.

Joba Joba Joba Joba Joba Joba Joba Joba Joba Joba Joba Joba Joba Joba Joba Joba Joba Joba Joba Joba Joba Joba Joba Joba Joba Joba Joba Joba Joba Joba Joba Joba Joba Joba Joba Joba Joba Joba Joba Joba

Did IU mention maybe Joba
Yanks_Baby
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby yanks924 » Tue May 27, 2008 12:59 am

appreciate it wrangor
yanks924
College Coach
College Coach