Postby Carew7 » Fri May 23, 2008 2:45 pm

by last post i meant Montana's...
Carew7
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: clayton kershaw

Postby ROC AllStars » Fri May 23, 2008 2:50 pm

OK, now that the "I hate Yahoo" debate has officially begun and ended in this thread (yes, I admit it, I have in fact begun this debate in several threads myself), lets talk about Kershaw.

What do we like about him, and what can we expect from him at the MLB level?
"This guy leads the league in most offensive categories, including nose hair..."
ROC AllStars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 5)

Postby bbroydri » Fri May 23, 2008 3:13 pm

Scheduled to pitch tuesday I hear....
bbroydri
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby deutschland » Fri May 23, 2008 3:33 pm

ROC AllStars wrote:OK, now that the "I hate Yahoo" debate has officially begun and ended in this thread (yes, I admit it, I have in fact begun this debate in several threads myself), lets talk about Kershaw.

What do we like about him, and what can we expect from him at the MLB level?

lol, aren't there already thousands of posts that have been discussing this ad nauseum? (sorry, no disrespect ;-)
deutschland
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Montana168 » Fri May 23, 2008 4:04 pm

Bruce was on the team in spring training, and he was supposed to play before he got sent back down. I think Yahoo puts players out there if they are being projected to start at the beginning of the season. I couldn't find anything about Rasmus on that, but are you sure the same thing didn't happen with him?

Chris Perez.. Oh my god! How horrible! They were two days late with getting him into the database!

If you say so. Yahoo is just trying to mess with our minds. They have nothing better to do. They have people working for them that just keep giving them ideas of ways they can mess with our minds. Have you figured out who it was that killed JFK yet? Did it have anything to do with the grassy knoll? Lol.

I have an idea. Maybe its because there are bugs in their system. Maybe some players slip through the cracks. I have my complaints about Yahoo, but they are the best of the free fantasy leagues out there. My suspicion is that they aren't going to be around much longer. They are having their problems these days. That will be a sad day for fantasy sports, IMO.

see just when everyone thinks they figured out the system yahoo uses, there are exceptions to every rule. yes, bruce was projected to make the team but so was johnny cueto. in fact, he was named the number 5 starter to start the season, yet yahoo still would not add him. yahoo even had him listed on the reds' depth chart but still wouldn't add him. you also can't say that cueto 'slipped through the cracks' because he had an outstanding spring training and he was being hyped up quite a bit.

don't get me wrong, i love yahoo fantasy baseball, and sports for that matter, thats why i play it. what i disagree with is yahoo's logic, or lack there of, on adding players to the database.

also when i said yahoo messes with our minds, i was obviously, well i guess not obvious enough, joking about it. i know yahoo doesn't do it just to mess with us.
Montana168
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Ursa » Fri May 23, 2008 4:06 pm

Carew7 wrote:... ITS FREE FOR DOGS SAKE!

I largely agree with you but I'd point out that there's a lot of us using Baseball Plus, which isn't free. We have the same issues as the free leaguers.
Ursa
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Postby Montana168 » Fri May 23, 2008 4:08 pm

sorry for turning this into a "yahoo basing thread" haha. i tend to do that too much.

anyway...i think kershaw is an outstanding prospect. only two things that scare me about him is his young age and his control issues. much like his future teammate, chad billingsley, they both were/are top prospects with control issues. chad seems to finally be starting to get ahold of his issues but i have a feeling kershaw may have his walk issues to start out with as well. other than that he will put up outstanding K's and will be a top 5-10 pitcher one day.
Montana168
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Y`s Guy » Fri May 23, 2008 10:04 pm

bbroydri wrote:Scheduled to pitch tuesday I hear....

LOL, man. It's on the internets. What do you mean "I hear..." Are you Clayton, Sr.?
My Friendliness bar...recently shrunk from 11.3 to 10mm long!!
Y`s Guy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 275)
Location: If you're reading this then there's a good chance that I'm with your girlfriend.

Postby Bloke911 » Fri May 23, 2008 11:13 pm

The Los Angeles Daily News says all indications are that Clayton Kershaw will be called up to start Sunday's game.
That would leave Brad Penny's start alone on Saturday, but result in both Hiroki Kuroda and Chad Billingsley getting pushed back one day. Kershaw is probably worth trying in all formats while he's up, but it's unlikely he'll be consistent at all, and while he will have a great strikeout rate, he's not going to pitch enough innings to really rack up huge K numbers. May. 23 - 10:37 pm et
Bloke911
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby copper1405 » Fri May 23, 2008 11:35 pm

Kershaw is starting Sunday and I picked him up in both my Sportsline leagues. Unlike Yahoo they allow you to pick up minor league prospects and I love it. I have the number 7 waiver priority and wouldn't have had a chance to get him otherwise.
copper1405
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates