clayton kershaw - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

clayton kershaw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: clayton kershaw

Postby The_Natural » Fri May 23, 2008 9:49 am

I hope he didn't punch a hotel room wall because he was pulled early last night. :-D
The_Natural
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby yankscool » Fri May 23, 2008 10:12 am

The_Natural wrote:I hope he didn't punch a hotel room wall because he was pulled early last night. :-D

You sir...are a kill joy :-D
yankscool
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby ChiSoxFan95 » Fri May 23, 2008 11:37 am

does anyone know when hell be added to yahoo leagues? or do i have to wait until he makes his first start?
ChiSoxFan95
College Coach
College Coach

Postby dweenmachine » Fri May 23, 2008 11:59 am

ChiSoxFan95 wrote:does anyone know when hell be added to yahoo leagues? or do i have to wait until he makes his first start?

Yeah, total CRAP... EFF Yahoo!!!! :~(
dweenmachine
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Montana168 » Fri May 23, 2008 12:34 pm

yep yahoo def. blows. not only do we have to wait until AFTER he pitches, we also have to wait till yahoo! writes an article hyping him up saying he is the next clemens, THEN and only then will he be added to waivers. so pretty much unless you have the number one or two waiver, your not going to get him.
Montana168
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby quitesanemax » Fri May 23, 2008 12:46 pm

Unless your playing in a league that has minor league players, why would he be in the database before he comes up to the majors? I understand everyone's greedy reason why he should be there, but I think Yahoo's way of doing it makes sense. He shouldn't be available if he can't pitch for you. JMO. Of course finding the exact moment he should be put into the database is definitely not an easy thing... especially considering that there have already been false alarms on this guy.
quitesanemax
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Treebeard's Nuts » Fri May 23, 2008 12:58 pm

quitesanemax wrote:Unless your playing in a league that has minor league players, why would he be in the database before he comes up to the majors? I understand everyone's greedy reason why he should be there, but I think Yahoo's way of doing it makes sense. He shouldn't be available if he can't pitch for you. JMO. Of course finding the exact moment he should be put into the database is definitely not an easy thing... especially considering that there have already been false alarms on this guy.

True...But then why is Jay Bruce available? He hasn't played a game yet either.

All I know is that I have the #3 waiver pick in my league and I hope that the two ahead of me are not paying attention to what is going on with Kershaw.
Twelve equals a dozen...Get it right bakers!
-- Stephen Colbert
Treebeard's Nuts
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Montana168 » Fri May 23, 2008 2:12 pm

exactly what treebeard said.^^^ there should be NO ONE that backs up yahoo! they do not add players by following guidelines. they simply add players when they feel like it and there is NO ONE that can prove that statement wrong. you can say that a player has to play in the MLB before he is added. okay then why are guys like jay bruce and colby rasmus on the database?? you can also say that the player will be added the day after he makes his MLB debut. okay, then why was RP Chris Perez for Stl added TWO days after his debut? yahoo! does not use any criteria and they just try to mess with fantasy player's minds. i have zero respect for the yahoo! department that is in charge of these operations. but me ranting on like this isn't going to help anything or anyone. !+)
Montana168
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby quitesanemax » Fri May 23, 2008 2:39 pm

Montana168 wrote:exactly what treebeard said.^^^ there should be NO ONE that backs up yahoo! they do not add players by following guidelines. they simply add players when they feel like it and there is NO ONE that can prove that statement wrong. you can say that a player has to play in the MLB before he is added. okay then why are guys like jay bruce and colby rasmus on the database?? you can also say that the player will be added the day after he makes his MLB debut. okay, then why was RP Chris Perez for Stl added TWO days after his debut? yahoo! does not use any criteria and they just try to mess with fantasy player's minds. i have zero respect for the yahoo! department that is in charge of these operations. but me ranting on like this isn't going to help anything or anyone. !+)

Bruce was on the team in spring training, and he was supposed to play before he got sent back down. I think Yahoo puts players out there if they are being projected to start at the beginning of the season. I couldn't find anything about Rasmus on that, but are you sure the same thing didn't happen with him?

Chris Perez.. Oh my god! How horrible! They were two days late with getting him into the database!

If you say so. Yahoo is just trying to mess with our minds. They have nothing better to do. They have people working for them that just keep giving them ideas of ways they can mess with our minds. Have you figured out who it was that killed JFK yet? Did it have anything to do with the grassy knoll? Lol.

I have an idea. Maybe its because there are bugs in their system. Maybe some players slip through the cracks. I have my complaints about Yahoo, but they are the best of the free fantasy leagues out there. My suspicion is that they aren't going to be around much longer. They are having their problems these days. That will be a sad day for fantasy sports, IMO.
quitesanemax
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Carew7 » Fri May 23, 2008 2:44 pm

i disagree in what the last post says... yes it is tough to figure out when a certain prospect will arrive on Yahoo! but i still like the way they do it... the reason Jay Bruce is in the database was because he had a good chance of making the opening day roster unlike Kershaw... I like the waiver system they have on yahoo... if you're paying attention enough to check this site everyday for new info, you must be paying attention enough on yahoo to find the guy you're looking for and put in your waiver claim... the other reason i like the Yahoo! system is because it makes it so if you had last pick in the draft and missed out on youre big top 5 player you can still grab that up and coming allstar player like Kershaw... i have been saving my waiver all year for a guy like Kershaw and i've moved to the 2nd position so i probably wont get kershaw but i'll get the next guy... i like Yahoo! leagues and get annoyed by everyone bickering about them... ITS FREE FOR DOGS SAKE!
Carew7
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates