Sheff, please pack your knives and go - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Sheff, please pack your knives and go

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Sheff, please pack your knives and go

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed May 21, 2008 1:09 pm

BigTex24 wrote:He did only bat .200 last year in April...just saying. Although he hasn't been good in May..so who knows.

yes...but his shoulder wasnt reconstructed out of rubber bands and popsicle sticks back then either
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Fpower » Thu May 22, 2008 1:20 pm

I'm too stubborn to drop him, but stopped starting him a while back. I don't know when I'll hit my limit. Have many people kicked him to the WW yet?
Fpower
College Coach
College Coach

Postby cbrepresent » Thu May 22, 2008 5:27 pm

Fpower wrote:I'm too stubborn to drop him, but stopped starting him a while back. I don't know when I'll hit my limit. Have many people kicked him to the WW yet?

He was dropped day before yesterday in my league...12 teams w/ deep benches. It's crazy seeing Sheff and Andruw Jones on the waiver wire - how the mighty have fallen!
cbrepresent
College Coach
College Coach

Postby ha_jai » Thu May 22, 2008 6:48 pm

3-4 today with 2 R. The double is a good sign too. Point to a turnaround on the horizon?
ha_jai
College Coach
College Coach

Postby hot4tx » Fri May 23, 2008 10:54 am

Supposedly he went back to his old swing with the leg kick and all. Concern is that his should won't be able to handle this for long. That said IMO he's more valuable to his team and to fantasy teams if he plays well 3 days a week or plays well for a few weeks at a time and then has to DL and rest shoulder.

He's been one of my favorite players, so I hope he turns this year around and leaves on a high note!
hot4tx
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 147)

Postby moochman » Fri May 23, 2008 1:06 pm

hot4tx wrote:Supposedly he went back to his old swing with the leg kick and all. Concern is that his should won't be able to handle this for long. That said IMO he's more valuable to his team and to fantasy teams if he plays well 3 days a week or plays well for a few weeks at a time and then has to DL and rest shoulder.

He's been one of my favorite players, so I hope he turns this year around and leaves on a high note!

The reason he went away from his old swing is that his shoulders hurt too much. I am of three minds on this switch. One is that it is an act of desperation and that he will re-injure his shoulder and be done. Two is that his shoulder is feeling better and he is comfortable going back to his old swing, in which case he could return to fantasy relevance. The third thought is that he isn't feeling any better, but they feel if he swings like he used to he will break up some scare tissue and then recover. In this case I would expect early results, a slump, and then improvement.
I am very cautiously optimistic.
moochman
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers