What's up with Delmon Young? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

What's up with Delmon Young?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What's up with Delmon Young?

Postby killahurtz » Sun May 18, 2008 7:58 am

No power at all. I was expecting at least 25HR this year. The only reason I am holding on to him is because the stolen bases. At least his avg is starting to get better.
16 Team Head-to-Head
killahurtz
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: What's up with Delmon Young?

Postby Ursa » Sun May 18, 2008 11:29 am

I'm in exactly the same boat though my HR expectation was more in the region of 20. The SBs are currently 7 and have tailed off recently. Even though he is getting on base a lot he isn't stealing, possibly because of the ankle twist he had about five or six days ago. It didn't keep him out of games but may still be an issue as far as steals go.

I'm holding on to him largely because the rest of my batters are making up the difference and I still expect that once he gets his first jack, the floodgates will open. Statistically there are better WW options I could take in my very deep 16 team league but I'll keep the faith a while longer.

Disturbingly though, I read in the local paper that he isn't that great about taking coaching advice and an article in the same paper described his performance (prior to the recent flurry of doubles) as "pathetic". I wouldn't subscribe to that but to have zero HR this deep into the season is very disappointing both to FB owners and the Twins.
Ursa
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Re: What's up with Delmon Young?

Postby NYCBuckeye » Mon May 19, 2008 11:42 am

I see DY as the perfect "buy low" candidate: young, all the tools, off to a slow start but not on a short leash. Don't be surprised to see him heat up ... he is slowly getting into a groove, and his SBs numbers are nice. Once the power comes, his stock is going to skyrocket.
NYCBuckeye
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Injuries & Player Updates