Who's in LA's rotation, and who's in the bullpen? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who's in LA's rotation, and who's in the bullpen?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Who's in LA's rotation, and who's in the bullpen?

Postby CBMGreatOne » Thu Feb 26, 2004 11:55 pm

I found a depth chart on ESPN.com and they had the rotation projected like this:

1. Nomo
2. Perez
3. Weaver
4. Ishii
5. Jackson

and the pen looked like this:

Gagne
Shuey
Martin
Mota
White

In my mind the conspicuous absence is that of Wilson Alvarez, who left the pen and had a few starts at the end of the year. He was quite good in these outings.

What kind of value do you see from Weaver, Ishii, Jackson, and Alvarez this year?
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 89)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Who's in LA's rotation, and who's in the bullpen?

Postby wrveres » Fri Feb 27, 2004 3:44 am

CBMGreatOne wrote:I found a depth chart on ESPN.com and they had the rotation projected like this:

1. Nomo
2. Perez
3. Weaver
4. Ishii
5. Jackson

and the pen looked like this:

Gagne
Shuey
Martin
Mota
White

In my mind the conspicuous absence is that of Wilson Alvarez, who left the pen and had a few starts at the end of the year. He was quite good in these outings.

What kind of value do you see from Weaver, Ishii, Jackson, and Alvarez this year?

Dreifort has the inside edge on the number five spot if he is healthy. Alvarez will be in the pen unless they can pull off a trade for Ortiz. Jackson will probably begin the year in AAA.
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 734)

Postby swingaway » Fri Feb 27, 2004 5:46 am

I also been hearing this rumor been going for about a week now that alfonso sorniao could be traded to the dogers for jackson and greg miller and then today in they said the same thing. But what i would like to see happen is that the angels trade fro sorniao by lets say teh trade eckstein wahburn or ortiz and some minor leaguers for sorniao it would make sense to me it benfits both teams.
swingaway
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby hybrid » Fri Feb 27, 2004 7:57 pm

Dreifort doesn't have the inside lead for the 5th spot and it's even been publicized that Jackson's spot as the 5th man is his to lose. And even if Dreifort did do you really think he would even last till the all star break? Also i can maybe see them trading one, either jackson or miller, but there is no way they trade their top 2 prospects right now. both have huge potential already.

anyways i look for a nice season from both weaver and jackson. both have nice potential and neither will cost much on draft day, so even if they don't pan out no sweat. ishii's whip it to scary for me but his era should be decent w/ nice SO totals.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Angels02and04 » Fri Feb 27, 2004 8:06 pm

hybrid wrote:Dreifort doesn't have the inside lead for the 5th spot and it's even been publicized that Jackson's spot as the 5th man is his to lose.

This is true. I live in SoCal and the local papers have quoted Jim Tracey saying Jackson is the teams 5th starter. Rumor has it that the Dodgers want Dreifort in the pen so his arm wont be overworked. If anything I see Alvarez taking Weaver's spot in the rotation and Weaver being a long reiever. Also, someone will get hurt in due time and everyone will find their way into the rotation.
Angels02and04
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby wrveres » Fri Feb 27, 2004 8:10 pm

hybrid wrote:Dreifort doesn't have the inside lead for the 5th spot and it's even been publicized that Jackson's spot as the 5th man is his to lose. And even if Dreifort did do you really think he would even last till the all star break? Also i can maybe see them trading one, either jackson or miller, but there is no way they trade their top 2 prospects right now. both have huge potential already.

anyways i look for a nice season from both weaver and jackson. both have nice potential and neither will cost much on draft day, so even if they don't pan out no sweat. ishii's whip it to scary for me but his era should be decent w/ nice SO totals.

you are right, i just went and checke the LA Times and Tracy has giving the number 5 job to Jackson. Dreifort may start the season on the DL.
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 734)

Return to Baseball Leftovers