The Can of Corn - Show 3 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Article Discussions

The Can of Corn - Show 3

Moderators: daullaz, Baseball Moderators

The Can of Corn - Show 3

Postby menyak » Fri May 16, 2008 1:23 pm

This thread contains comments on Michael Stephens' Cafecast "The Can of Corn - Show 3", which was launched on Fantasy Cafe Radio on May 15, 2008. You can listen to the full show (and view the show notes) here.
menyak Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

WebmasterCafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: The Can of Corn - Show 3

Postby Snakes Gould » Sat May 17, 2008 2:44 am

weird suggestion (hopefully you dont find it creepy) but have you guys thought about posting a picture of the two of you or maybe even a logo with your faces on it. i think it would help people get that "get to know you feeling" if they saw what you looked like.

still, i think you guys need some more music. as soon as the show starts, you need that loud rock and roll riff or somethin to give the show that kick.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby WaCougMBS » Sat May 17, 2008 3:47 am

Snakes Gould wrote:weird suggestion (hopefully you dont find it creepy) but have you guys thought about posting a picture of the two of you or maybe even a logo with your faces on it. i think it would help people get that "get to know you feeling" if they saw what you looked like.

still, i think you guys need some more music. as soon as the show starts, you need that loud rock and roll riff or somethin to give the show that kick.

Not creepy at all - actually a very good idea. Ill talk to Kilroy and menyak and see what they think about this and what would be the best way of going about it.

We are still getting mixed reviews on the need for music (and the sound effect is only a partial/quick fix), but we are leaning towards getting something in place as soon as school stops kicking our butts :-)

What do you think about the progress of the show in general (aside from the music)?

Thanks for the feedback!
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby AussieDodger » Sun May 18, 2008 4:23 am

WaCougMBS wrote:What do you think about the progress of the show in general (aside from the music)?

The 3rd one is definitely better then the 2nd one. ;-D
Can't put my finger on why, maybe better content.
Also (going to sound silly) but felt more "streamlined" at 26 mins as opposed to 31.
One of the sound effects was just one of you guys saying something louder, which cracked me up. :-D ;-D

Only complaint - lack of Billy Butler segments. :-S :-S :-?

Keep going, you enjoy it and we enjoy it ;-D
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

Postby Snakes Gould » Sun May 18, 2008 1:31 pm

ive enjoyed it more and more as you guys go. i liked the over/under section, player pick segment a lot. i feel like that could eventually be your bread and butter. a lot of casual fans might not listen if you're giving the recap of the week (soriano was hot, mclouth is still on fire, yada yada) but if now the topic is whether or not one of you will now pick mclouth over say carlos beltran, then i think you could grab the casual fan's interest. i like hearing the banter between you guys either way. id also work on grabbing a few good questions from the DTKW forums that garnered up a few different answers and maybe good in depth with them. ill try to get you guys an email to answer for this week's show ;-D

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby WaCougMBS » Mon May 19, 2008 11:27 am

Snakes Gould wrote:ive enjoyed it more and more as you guys go. i liked the over/under section, player pick segment a lot. i feel like that could eventually be your bread and butter. a lot of casual fans might not listen if you're giving the recap of the week (soriano was hot, mclouth is still on fire, yada yada) but if now the topic is whether or not one of you will now pick mclouth over say carlos beltran, then i think you could grab the casual fan's interest. i like hearing the banter between you guys either way. id also work on grabbing a few good questions from the DTKW forums that garnered up a few different answers and maybe good in depth with them. ill try to get you guys an email to answer for this week's show ;-D

Yeah, I think that the more comfortable we become with each other "on air", as well as with the equipment/whole process, things will keep getting better (at least I hope so ;-) ). I really like those segments as well, and I agree also about frozen ropes needing to stay fresh and only give a couple minutes of coverage to things that already happened, etc.

The next step we were planning on taking was just that - taking specific examples from Cafe postings - but sadly it probably won't start until next week because Darren is out of town and I will be doing the show either solo or with a "guest host"...

An e-mail would be great, thanks man!
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Return to Article Discussions