Rate This Team (Cafe Challenge) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Rate This Team (Cafe Challenge)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rate This Team (Cafe Challenge)

Postby DK » Thu Feb 26, 2004 9:41 pm

C I. Rodriguez (Det - C)
1B A. Pujols (StL - 1B,LF)
2B M. Young (Tex - 2B)
3B A. Ramirez (ChC - 3B)
SS A. Cintron (Ari - 3B,SS)
OF V. Wells (Tor - CF)
OF J. Pierre (Fla - CF)
OF T. Nixon (Bos - RF)
Util J. Guillen (Ana - LF,RF)
Util J. Gerut (Cle - LF,RF)
BN S. Stewart (Min - LF)
BN J. Crede (CWS - 3B)


Pos Pitchers Edit Opp Status IP W SV K ERA WHIP
SP T. Hudson (Oak - SP)
SP H. Nomo (LA - SP)
RP M. Rivera (NYY - RP)
RP D. Kolb (Mil - RP)
P D. Lowe (Bos - SP)
P R. Ortiz (Atl - SP)
P B. Koch (CWS - RP)
BN R. Soriano (Sea - RP)
BN F. Rodriguez (Ana - RP)
BN R. Ortiz (Ana - SP)
BN R. Wagner (Cin - RP)

i had to leave in the 17th round.
Image
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 9533
Joined: 22 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: on deck

Postby Andy1234 » Fri Feb 27, 2004 5:42 am

How many teams? (my guess is 12)

Offense is very solid
I don't like your Starting Pitching too much for a 12 team league, but if its a larger league its not too bad. If its a larger league then your offense becomes Phenomonal.
I believe there ought to be a constitutional amendment outlawing Astroturf and the designated hitter. -Crash Davis

Stewie : [watching a baseball game] Why does that man drop his club before he runs? I would bring it with me!
Andy1234
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Sweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 2062
Joined: 24 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DK » Fri Feb 27, 2004 6:47 pm

Andy1234 wrote:How many teams? (my guess is 12)

Offense is very solid
I don't like your Starting Pitching too much for a 12 team league, but if its a larger league its not too bad. If its a larger league then your offense becomes Phenomonal.


Yes, there were 12 teams.

I know my pitching is weak, but that's because good hitters kept falling into my lap. I took Hudson in the third and then Nomo in... the seventh, maybe?
Image
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 9533
Joined: 22 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: on deck

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Fri Feb 27, 2004 7:23 pm

Well, DK, you know what you're doing. Solid hitting. Mediocre pitching, but it seems like a competitive league.

I really like Crede as late as you got him. Plus, Aramis led all 3b in rbis out of Pittsburgh last year. You'll compete.

My advice: Try to trade with the Bugalosa Bombers. They seem like they might be on drugs. And they've got a good pitching staff and terrible hitting. You'd be a good match.

Take him to the cleaners.
Absolutely Adequate
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 5000
Joined: 6 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Not here.

Postby DK » Fri Feb 27, 2004 8:00 pm

Absolutely Adequate wrote:Well, DK, you know what you're doing. Solid hitting. Mediocre pitching, but it seems like a competitive league.

I really like Crede as late as you got him. Plus, Aramis led all 3b in rbis out of Pittsburgh last year. You'll compete.

My advice: Try to trade with the Bugalosa Bombers. They seem like they might be on drugs. And they've got a good pitching staff and terrible hitting. You'd be a good match.

Take him to the cleaners.


Lol. :D I'll do my best. I'm going to try to get some pitching, maybe dangle Stewart or Ramirez? Or Crede?
Image
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 9533
Joined: 22 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: on deck

Postby DK » Sat Feb 28, 2004 9:22 am

just a little bump.... :-)
Image
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 9533
Joined: 22 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: on deck

Postby Mookie4ever » Sat Feb 28, 2004 10:27 am

Your pitching is not that bad and your hitting isn't that great. You could trade some of your bench pitchers for some better hitting depth.

See if somebody else wants Soriano to sit on their bench for a few months and will take Trot Nixon (I find him to be going way too early this year - I think that now is the time to sell high with Nixon, my feeling is that he will disappoint) in return for a better outfielder. See what you can steal from Jackal :-D .
Image
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 19545
(Past Year: 277)
Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Hakuna, Montana

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Sat Feb 28, 2004 1:08 pm

Whats up DK. Good lookin team.

First thing that jumps out at me about your team is its incredible BA. A. Ramirez (.272) and Gerut (.279) are your only starters not hitting .300 or above last yr? Thats just impressive.

I have a hard time with Pierre being drafted where he was because of a lot of reasons - the availability of inexpensive alternatives, my perception that the Marlins lost a lot of protection in the offseason, and the somewhat unpredictabe nature that comes with steals leaders. However - because you designed your offense in such a fantastic manner, Pierre is a necessary piece of your team.

Guillen in the 16th was a monster pick, and Gerut could really be a great sleeper too.

Your SP isnt good. Hudson and Nomo are fine.
It gets rocky after that. Im not a fan of Lowe - he is another Pettitte type of fantasy P - sure he gets wins, but he gets them while killing your ERA and WHIP, and he doesnt get that many Ks.
R. Ortiz is alright, hes not nearly as bad as Lowe, but I dont expect him to improve on his numbers - which werent all that great to begin with.

Your closers are fine. Rivera is a top 5 with upside. I think your gonna want at least one probably 2 more once some closer situations settle and others open up. Always be looking for closers.

I have no doubt you will finish in the top 5, but this is a pretty competitive league, so to single out any one team as the frontrunner would be a mistake at this point. You certainly have the foundation to be able to win it all.

Good luck.
Image
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 5694
Joined: 7 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby DK » Sat Feb 28, 2004 1:26 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:Whats up DK. Good lookin team.

First thing that jumps out at me about your team is its incredible BA. A. Ramirez (.272) and Gerut (.279) are your only starters not hitting .300 or above last yr? Thats just impressive.


Actually, Pudge batted .297 last year, so it's close. Actually, I realized that my BA was good after the draft. I was looking for high average, but I did not know how successful I was at getting it until I looked at my team.

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:I have a hard time with Pierre being drafted where he was because of a lot of reasons - the availability of inexpensive alternatives, my perception that the Marlins lost a lot of protection in the offseason, and the somewhat unpredictabe nature that comes with steals leaders. However - because you designed your offense in such a fantastic manner, Pierre is a necessary piece of your team.


Well, I was going to take him in the 5th, but after I saw Crawford taken, I was afraid that TheKing would take him. So I grabbed him while I could. As it turns out, I was deciding between him, Foulke, or Rivera. Luckily, Foulke was taken, so my decision was made for me.
Cornbread Maxwell wrote:Guillen in the 16th was a monster pick, and Gerut could really be a great sleeper too.


That's what I'm hoping for.

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:Your SP isnt good. Hudson and Nomo are fine.
It gets rocky after that. Im not a fan of Lowe - he is another Pettitte type of fantasy P - sure he gets wins, but he gets them while killing your ERA and WHIP, and he doesnt get that many Ks.
R. Ortiz is alright, hes not nearly as bad as Lowe, but I dont expect him to improve on his numbers - which werent all that great to begin with.


I know, I know. One thing that people are missing is that I have 5 16-game winners on my team, something that nobody else has. Nobody else even has four on their team. Swinger's has three, however. So I might become a sleeper to win a couple of those categories. Raffy Soriano, if he starts, will make all my dreams come true.

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:Your closers are fine. Rivera is a top 5 with upside. I think your gonna want at least one probably 2 more once some closer situations settle and others open up. Always be looking for closers.


I'm just hoping Kolb will continue what he did last year and Wagner settles into the role in Cinci. K-Rod could help me out if Percival gets injured... }:-) However, I don't see that happening, so I'll have to make do.

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:I have no doubt you will finish in the top 5, but this is a pretty competitive league, so to single out any one team as the frontrunner would be a mistake at this point. You certainly have the foundation to be able to win it all.

Good luck.


Thanks a lot, you too. ;D
Image
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 9533
Joined: 22 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: on deck

Postby bucsfan04 » Sat Feb 28, 2004 1:28 pm

you have a very good team, allthough your starting pitchers could be better. you should definetly contend for the title.
bucsfan04
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar
Cafe Writer
Posts: 687
Joined: 27 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: unioreimi and 5 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Wednesday, Oct. 22
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

San Francisco at Kansas City
(8:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact