What is Up with Myers??? WHIR WHIR WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

What is Up with Myers??? WHIR WHIR WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What is Up with Myers??? WHIR WHIR WHIR

Postby PavanoAllstars » Wed May 14, 2008 8:28 pm

Two horrible starts in a row... most of the hits he's giving up are homers, yet he's getting lots of Ks... I don't know what to do with this guy right now? Is he droppable? Should I just keep him on the bench until he puts together back to back good starts... if he ever does...

Anyone watching the game so as to see his velocity etc?? I'd be interested to know what he's looking like... Between him and Penny my pitching staff is in some serious trouble right now...

thanks
For every Brett Myers there's a Nate McLouth...
PavanoAllstars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: What is Up with Myers??? WHIR WHIR WHIR

Postby JMB05 » Wed May 14, 2008 8:35 pm

UCK. Myers looks terrible.

Velocity isn't there, I saw him hit 91 once tonight.

I say bench him until he comes around. At least you have a league where you have a bench.

I don't have that luxury. :,-(
JMB05
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 15)

Postby PavanoAllstars » Wed May 14, 2008 8:40 pm

What does "come around" mean for this guy? The last time he had two consistent starts in a row (Cubs-Houston) he got rocked the next start...

He and Penny are going to become good friends riding the pine together... and I'm sorry you don't have the luxury of benching Myers... at least I can banish him until further notice
PavanoAllstars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby wildbill » Wed May 14, 2008 8:47 pm

He seemed to start sucking when he stopped beating his wife, maybe that has something to do with it. At this point I don't trust him any further then he can throw his wife. ;-7

But seriously, I didn't start him tonight and I wouldn't start him against any team with a decent offense unless he figures it out. I'm getting close to dropping him, but he's still getting the K's so maybe he'll turn it around at some point. There are guys like Carmona, Burnett and Snell on the WW in my league (lots of impatient owners) but I don't know that any of them are any better right now.
wildbill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby PavanoAllstars » Wed May 14, 2008 8:51 pm

wildbill wrote:He seemed to start sucking when he stopped beating his wife, maybe that has something to do with it. At this point I don't trust him any further then he can throw his wife. ;-7

But seriously, I didn't start him tonight and I wouldn't start him against any team with a decent offense unless he figures it out. I'm getting close to dropping him, but he's still getting the K's so maybe he'll turn it around at some point. There are guys like Carmona, Burnett and Snell on the WW in my league (lots of impatient owners) but I don't know that any of them are any better right now.

I guess i've made my own bed by being a bad manager starting him right now... and I actually sat him for his san fransisco start... ugh
PavanoAllstars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby harold_bush » Wed May 14, 2008 10:10 pm

I'm cutting bait tomorrow morning, I can't tonight b/c I made hte mistake of starting him. Yes, the Braves have a good offense, but thye have been AWFUL on the road this year, and Myers has pitched well at home. I'm done with the guy (10 team league), and don't see an issue w/ you dropping him if there is a viable option out there.

I think the hype on this guy was big b/c many experts predicted him to have a great year. Looking at his numbers, he has a career ERA of 4.39 and a WHIP of 1.36, which is bad. Good-bye.
C- Montero/Napoli
1B-Pujols
2B-Cano
SS-Jeter
3B-Wright
OF-Dunn, J. Upton, Ichiro
UT-Chris Young
Bench - Carlos Lee, Pierre, Aramis

SP-Liriano, Wainwright, Jamie Garcia, Nolasco, Colby Lewis
RP- Wagner, K-Rod, Capps, Wood, Corpas
harold_bush
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Justblaze » Wed May 14, 2008 10:21 pm

The longball is just killing him. I definitely would bench him if I can, although he does have a two-start week next week... :-?

I would definitely take Carmona or Burnett over Myers, though. I think Carmona will lower his WHIP eventually. Burnett is like Myers, but at least he isn't the leader in giving up homeruns.
Justblaze
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby alex42083 » Wed May 14, 2008 11:25 pm

Yeah.. this guy is killing me. And starting to go into the overrated territory for me. I've always liked the guy, always wanted him on my team but he just always kills me.
His only attractive quality is his Ks.
alex42083
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bAsKeTcAsE86 » Wed May 14, 2008 11:29 pm

I benched him, after his last poor start, with the intention of not playing him until he puts together back-to-back good starts. I really don't know what to make of this guy. I would ABSOLUTELY tell you to bench him right now, but not to drop him without giving him a chance to rebound...
"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." ~Edgar Allen Poe
bAsKeTcAsE86
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Yanks_Baby » Wed May 14, 2008 11:34 pm

alex42083 wrote:Yeah.. this guy is killing me. And starting to go into the overrated territory for me. I've always liked the guy, always wanted him on my team but he just always kills me.
His only attractive quality is his Ks.

I dropped him 5 starts ago for Danks.

Happy Happy me. :-D
Yanks_Baby
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates