Sheffield? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Sheffield?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Sheffield?

Postby ha_jai » Wed May 14, 2008 7:52 pm

Anybody heard if there is anything wrong with Sheffield? I know that he won't play everyday, but what is up with all these off days?
ha_jai
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Sheffield?

Postby CoopernicusX » Wed May 14, 2008 8:24 pm

KFFL - May 14 John Lowe, of the Detroit Free Press, reports Detroit Tigers DH Gary Sheffield (shoulder), who had been moved to left field by manager Jim Leyland last week, will resume his duties as the team's designated hitter due to shoulder pain. "His shoulder isn't right, and I don't think it's made any better by playing the outfield, because he can barely lob the ball in," manager Jim Leyland said. "So I don't think that makes any sense."

I keep waiting for him to explode. Don't think its going to happen.
"You can observe a lot by watching." - YOGI
CoopernicusX
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby ha_jai » Wed May 14, 2008 8:55 pm

Thanks for the update. Guess I should be trolling for a suitable replacement soon. Thought it might be a good idea to go back to the OF as his hitting was starting to improve. Burned again ...
ha_jai
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu May 15, 2008 8:19 am

he needs a DL trip or needs to retire...he's totally ineffectve right now. his shoulder is shot
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby AdvRider » Fri May 16, 2008 12:37 am

Gambled a few weeks ago that Sheff might be at the end of his line and let him go to the FA pool, where he languishes today. Carlos Quentin has proved a capable replacement ... ;-D
AdvRider
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 17)

Postby ha_jai » Fri May 16, 2008 5:39 pm

I messed up by not picking Quentin when he was still available. Now I am stuck with him and his bum shoulder. Wished that we found out the news earlier about his shoulder. With interleague play, he probably will be in only one game this weekend ... if even. The joys of a weekly league! :-t
ha_jai
College Coach
College Coach

Postby littletank » Fri May 16, 2008 7:48 pm

I laugh at all the people who thought he would turn it around and would be worth more then Quentin.
littletank
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby ha_jai » Sat May 17, 2008 9:48 am

littletank wrote:I laugh at all the people who thought he would turn it around and would be worth more then Quentin.

Do you also laugh at all the people who passed up Cliff Lee or Emil Brown in the draft?!? Hindsight is always 20/20. :-X

As for Quentin, he was off most people's radar heading into the draft. He went undrafted in 4 of my leagues and I am sure in many others. Prior to his "breakout" game on April 17th, his AVG was at .214. He was getting RBI even then, but nothing to suggest that he'll lead the AL in HR and batting close to .300. If anyone predicted pre-season that Quentin would lead the AL in HR and 2nd in RBI on May 15th, I would be the first one to point my finger and call that person a liar.
ha_jai
College Coach
College Coach

Postby littletank » Sun May 18, 2008 10:17 am

ha_jai wrote:
littletank wrote:I laugh at all the people who thought he would turn it around and would be worth more then Quentin.

Do you also laugh at all the people who passed up Cliff Lee or Emil Brown in the draft?!? Hindsight is always 20/20. :-X

As for Quentin, he was off most people's radar heading into the draft. He went undrafted in 4 of my leagues and I am sure in many others. Prior to his "breakout" game on April 17th, his AVG was at .214. He was getting RBI even then, but nothing to suggest that he'll lead the AL in HR and batting close to .300. If anyone predicted pre-season that Quentin would lead the AL in HR and 2nd in RBI on May 15th, I would be the first one to point my finger and call that person a liar.

No, I don't laugh at those people. I laugh at the people who thinks Cliff Lee will completely implode and finish with worse numbers then Jake Peavy.
littletank
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Inukchuk » Sun May 18, 2008 2:22 pm

...and we all laugh at you.
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Return to Injuries & Player Updates