Lee vs Volquez - Who crashes first? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Lee vs Volquez - Who crashes first?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Lee vs Volquez - Who crashes first?

Postby The Jury » Wed May 14, 2008 7:55 pm

NYMetsIn2k4 wrote:i think lee crashes first. cliff lee has been in the league for a while and never posted numbers even close to this. as far as i know, he hasnt developed any significant new pitches or his 'stuff' hasnt gotten better. granted, esteban loaiza did something like this a few yrs back, but i dont buy lee doing it this season. volquez is young and in my opinion he isnt a fluke, hes breaking out. do i think he keeps a sub 2.00 era? no. but i do think he has a low 3.00 era plus about 9 k/9, yes! i may be the minority here bc of his high walk rate, but he has 5 pitches if im not mistaken and electric stuff. he is considered a fly ball pitcher, but can strike out a bunch of hitters so the great american bandbox wont kill him. hell have an outting or 2 where we question his control, but hell have a lot more 7 ip, 10 k, 2 earned performances to outweight the bad ones. just my opinion... do i think hes a sell high? for the right price, of course, but do i think youll get the 'right price'? prolly not

You quite enjoy asking yourself questions eh? ;-D
[quote:4fef447375="Geek"]The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.[/quote]
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby thehotcorner » Wed May 14, 2008 8:16 pm

Rollotommasi wrote:Lee BABIP 0.226

Volquez BABIP 0.287

Don't forget...

Lee LD% 17.3%

Volquez LD% 13.3%

so Lee has been pretty lucky thus far.
thehotcorner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Ursa » Thu May 15, 2008 11:12 am

Anyone noticed that these two will face off against each other on Sunday?
Ursa
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Postby CruiseJD » Thu May 15, 2008 11:33 am

Ursa wrote:Anyone noticed that these two will face off against each other on Sunday?

Yeah, I saw that when I was planning my roster for the rest of the week. I'd love to be able to watch that game. I think it is also an example of where MLB falls short - any other sport this game would be promoted and hyped as the showdown between the "young upstart" and the "veteran journeyman" looking to regain his 2005 glory.
CruiseJD
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby dorje3 » Thu May 15, 2008 12:42 pm

Volquez BABIP 0.287

Wow. Volquez' BABIP is actually sustainable? 8-o That's amazing. I knew he was pitching well, but considering the amount of free passes he gives away, I had no idea he was pitching this well.
dorje3
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Grounded Polo » Thu May 15, 2008 1:07 pm

dorje3 wrote:

Volquez BABIP 0.287

Wow. Volquez' BABIP is actually sustainable? 8-o That's amazing. I knew he was pitching well, but considering the amount of free passes he gives away, I had no idea he was pitching this well.

Not giving up any home runs always helps.
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers