kershaw hype thread - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

kershaw hype thread

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: kershaw hype thread

Postby Yoda » Mon May 26, 2008 9:55 pm

Kershaw's got a big league curve. It probably ranks up there with the best. We know that AA hitters have a tough time hitting it and AA umpires have a tough time calling it also. Kershaw is a top level talent that needs to challenged right now to see what he has. If he can hold his own after a subpar outing then he should stick permanently. And his upside is as high as anyone in MLB right now. To say that he is not worth a roster spot in a standard league right now is ridiculous.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Yanks_Baby » Mon May 26, 2008 10:50 pm

Yoda wrote:Kershaw's got a big league curve. It probably ranks up there with the best. We know that AA hitters have a tough time hitting it and AA umpires have a tough time calling it also. Kershaw is a top level talent that needs to challenged right now to see what he has. If he can hold his own after a subpar outing then he should stick permanently. And his upside is as high as anyone in MLB right now. To say that he is not worth a roster spot in a standard league right now is ridiculous.

Not standard league, but to take him in a 10 team league when pitchers like burnett, mgowan, and cain are available is ridiculous IMO.
Yanks_Baby
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby activechamp2006 » Mon May 26, 2008 10:59 pm

Yanks_Baby wrote:
Yoda wrote:Kershaw's got a big league curve. It probably ranks up there with the best. We know that AA hitters have a tough time hitting it and AA umpires have a tough time calling it also. Kershaw is a top level talent that needs to challenged right now to see what he has. If he can hold his own after a subpar outing then he should stick permanently. And his upside is as high as anyone in MLB right now. To say that he is not worth a roster spot in a standard league right now is ridiculous.

Not standard league, but to take him in a 10 team league when pitchers like burnett, mgowan, and cain are available is ridiculous IMO.

I still wouldn't say its ridiculous, considering I would take Kershaw over McGowan, and maybe even Burnett. Not to mention he has a chance to win games with a pretty solid Dodger offense.
Sounds to me like you missed out on the young ace
activechamp2006
General Manager
General Manager

Postby AcidRock23 » Mon May 26, 2008 11:04 pm

no way my #8 waiver will get him. Still, about 30 sec after I wake up, I will be darting to the damn computer to see if I got lucky... :-B
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby BJSFAN123 » Mon May 26, 2008 11:10 pm

Yanks_Baby wrote:

None of those guys you named are available in most 10 team leagues.
BJSFAN123
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The Artful Dodger » Mon May 26, 2008 11:28 pm

BJSFAN123 wrote:
Yanks_Baby wrote:

None of those guys you named are available in most 10 team leagues.

Indeed, they don't deserve to be out there in 8-teamers even.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby Sea Dog Fan » Tue May 27, 2008 10:28 am

Yanks_Baby wrote:

None of those guys are available in my 10 team league. I picked up Kershaw for my number six starter in my rotation.

Okay, for this season who would you rather have on your roster Buchholz's or Kershaw?
Sea Dog Fan
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Yanks_Baby » Tue May 27, 2008 10:30 am

Sea Dog Fan wrote:
Yanks_Baby wrote:

None of those guys are available in my 10 team league. I picked up Kershaw for my number six starter in my rotation.

Okay, for this season who would you rather have on your roster Buchholz's or Kershaw?

Considering Buchholz lackluster start, DL stint, and likelyhood of being sent to the minors for a substantial duratiopn of time, I'd rather Kershaw.
Yanks_Baby
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby abc11435 » Tue May 27, 2008 11:09 am

Just picked Kershaw up with my #3 WW in keeper league. Along with Bills and Joba, one of them gotta turn out to be a stud SP right?? :-B
abc11435
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 23)

Postby MashinSpuds » Tue May 27, 2008 4:52 pm

Great, so now people have this 3-start, high whip guy on their roster. I do too! Thing is, is he a guy you wait and see with or is he someone you throw right in there against the Mets in New York? It's nice to have the name of the week on the roster but it's almost like deciding whether or not to start Daniel Cabrera without the waiver priority issue... boom or bust.
MashinSpuds
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecaster
(Past Year: 109)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers