The Ultimate Dissapointment? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

The Ultimate Dissapointment?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: The Ultimate Dissapointment?

Postby bigwords » Wed May 14, 2008 12:46 pm

By "ultimate disappointment," are we talking about the guy who forever has high expectations and always lets you down or the guy who this year has been a complete bust so far?

If in the words of Andre 2000, "You say it's puppy love/We say it's full grown/Hope that we feel this /Feel this way forever /You could plan a pretty picnic /But you can't predict the weather, Ms. Jackson"

Then my vote goes for INSERT NAME OF STARTING PITCHING STUD NOT PLAYING IN ARIZONA YOU DRAFTED IN ROUNDS 3 THROUGH 6

If it's more of the casual affair variety, the kind where you danced the jig because you lucked into the first pick overall, or you decided to blow your tax rebate, there's a certain 3B in New York who may be causing a lot of owners to dig out their Billy Holiday blues records right about now.
bigwords
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RAmst23 » Wed May 14, 2008 1:02 pm

Really, Corey Hart? He has some steals and a decent avg, so he isn't royally sucking at everything.

My mind, it's Justin Verlander. A terrible ERA, and one flipping win. Touted as this year's Cy Young to be, he ranks 100 out of 101 qualifying pitchers in ERA along with 30 Ks in 49 IP.

You could make the case that Sabathia is the bigger bomb, since he ranks 101 out of 101 qualifying pitchers in ERA with a 6.55. But personally I thought Sabathia was going to regress, partially due to all the innings he threw into late October. So I didn't draft him, and he's not my disappointment right now.
...Boston papers now and then suffer a sharp flurry of arithmetic on this score; indeed, for Williams to have distributed all his hits so they did nobody else any good would constitute a feat of placement unparalleled in the annals of selfishness. -Updike
RAmst23
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby urbanbreez » Wed May 14, 2008 1:05 pm

Ryan Howard and to a lesser degree Prince "the fat vegitarian" Fielder. Hart doens't even crack the top 10 list.
urbanbreez
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby WyldStallyn » Wed May 14, 2008 1:20 pm

RAmst23 wrote:Really, Corey Hart? He has some steals and a decent avg, so he isn't royally sucking at everything.

My mind, it's Justin Verlander. A terrible ERA, and one flipping win. Touted as this year's Cy Young to be, he ranks 100 out of 101 qualifying pitchers in ERA along with 30 Ks in 49 IP.

You could make the case that Sabathia is the bigger bomb, since he ranks 101 out of 101 qualifying pitchers in ERA with a 6.55. But personally I thought Sabathia was going to regress, partially due to all the innings he threw into late October. So I didn't draft him, and he's not my disappointment right now.

i agree. on one of my teams my players are injured or ineffective, and verlander is driving me nuts. after the draft i was stoked to have him and harang atop my rotation. now? im near the bottom in every pitching cat but SV
WyldStallyn
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby J35J » Wed May 14, 2008 7:26 pm

RAmst23 wrote:You could make the case that Sabathia is the bigger bomb, since he ranks 101 out of 101 qualifying pitchers in ERA with a 6.55. But personally I thought Sabathia was going to regress, partially due to all the innings he threw into late October. So I didn't draft him, and he's not my disappointment right now.

Actually, Sabathia has pitched pretty well lately. 3 of his last 4 starts have been quite good and he still has more K's than IP on the year. Sabathia will be fine, IMO!
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 363)

Postby AquaMan2342 » Wed May 14, 2008 7:33 pm

It's Verlander. I think you'd be kidding yourself if you didn't pencil him down for 20 wins after the Cabrera trade. Huge disappointment, but a great buy-low nonetheless. At least Sabathia has shown flashes of a rebound as he has pitched well in May.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby abrage22 » Wed May 14, 2008 8:34 pm

jdsun1 wrote:Corey Hart = 1 Year Wonder

i knew it, if only people listened ;-)
abrage22
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby freeling_prideful » Wed May 14, 2008 9:42 pm

Hart is going to rebound in the power department pretty soon. Take a look at the stats and you'll see this one: HR/FB - 2.8%

Last year it was 13%, which is much closer to average. I expect to see some flyballs leave the park soon, and everyone knows his speed is legit.

As for being a one-year wonder: check out his minor league numbers. He's almost always in the 15-20 HR, 25-30 SB range when extrapolated over 550 AB. It's not like he doesn't have a track record of 20/20 potential
freeling_prideful
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby J35J » Wed May 14, 2008 9:45 pm

J35J wrote:
RAmst23 wrote:You could make the case that Sabathia is the bigger bomb, since he ranks 101 out of 101 qualifying pitchers in ERA with a 6.55. But personally I thought Sabathia was going to regress, partially due to all the innings he threw into late October. So I didn't draft him, and he's not my disappointment right now.

Actually, Sabathia has pitched pretty well lately. 3 of his last 4 starts have been quite good and he still has more K's than IP on the year. Sabathia will be fine, IMO!

Make that 4 of his last 5 starts... ;-)
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 363)

Postby Lordrevolution » Wed May 14, 2008 10:43 pm

Another steal tonight. What a bum. :-X
Lordrevolution
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers