Doumit - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Doumit

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Doumit

Postby tmlfan4ever » Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:10 pm

Doumit goes off again and unleashes a 2 run shot. By my count thats 4 home runs in 3 days? Despite the injury, he is still on pace to put up some monster numbers.
tmlfan4ever
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby pangbones » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:24 pm

tmlfan4ever wrote:Doumit goes off again and unleashes a 2 run shot. By my count thats 4 home runs in 3 days? Despite the injury, he is still on pace to put up some monster numbers.

UGHH! :-P In a deep league, I was forced to drop him when he got hurt, since I already had Posada on the DL. Lets just say I vomit in my mouth everytime I see him go yard. Which seems to be every day!! :-t :-P !+)
pangbones
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby Slayer Rules » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:31 pm

pangbones wrote: Lets just say I vomit in my mouth everytime I see him go yard. Which seems to be every day!! :-t :-P !+)

That's really bad for your teeth....You should sue Doumit for your dental bills :-D
Slayer Rules
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby ROC AllStars » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:45 pm

Slayer Rules wrote:
pangbones wrote: Lets just say I vomit in my mouth everytime I see him go yard. Which seems to be every day!! :-t :-P !+)

That's really bad for your teeth....You should sue Doumit for your dental bills :-D

I agree. You must sue. But wait until he signs a nice multiyear deal... unfortunately, that means you're going to have to keep this up for the rest of the year.
"This guy leads the league in most offensive categories, including nose hair..."
ROC AllStars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 5)

Postby Relentless » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:06 pm

Dropping Navarro and being catcher-less for almost a whole week is sure paying off big time.
Relentless
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Slayer Rules » Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:08 pm

Relentless wrote:Dropping Navarro and being catcher-less for almost a whole week is sure paying off big time.

I did the same, but I was actually w/o a catcher for ~ 3wks since I had so many guys injured @ the same time. I actually gained a few pts during that time (roto).....
Slayer Rules
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby thomasmore » Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:00 pm

I had Posada and Doumit (as backup OF/C) and they both went on DL at about the same time. I picked up Larid and went with him for 3 days but eventually went without a catcher for about 2 weeks.

Doumit is blasting against Was so everyone enjoy it while you still can. He'll fall back down once he face some real pitchers.
thomasmore
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Ursa » Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:30 pm

pangbones wrote:
tmlfan4ever wrote:Doumit goes off again and unleashes a 2 run shot. By my count thats 4 home runs in 3 days? Despite the injury, he is still on pace to put up some monster numbers.

UGHH! :-P In a deep league, I was forced to drop him when he got hurt, since I already had Posada on the DL. Lets just say I vomit in my mouth everytime I see him go yard. Which seems to be every day!! :-t :-P !+)

I traded him away Sunday to the team I'm playing this week. The other guy wanted Benjie Molina but nooooo said I, you can have Doumit - I was wary of his lack of RBI production. I feel really really great about that. It's wonderful to see my ex-player hit 4 HRs in three days against me. I may have severely damaged my season. %-6
Ursa
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Postby Relentless » Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:42 pm

Ursa wrote:
pangbones wrote:

I traded him away Sunday to the team I'm playing this week. The other guy wanted Benjie Molina but nooooo said I, you can have Doumit - I was wary of his lack of RBI production. I feel really really great about that. It's wonderful to see my ex-player hit 4 HRs in three days against me. I may have severely damaged my season. %-6

Ouch...
Relentless
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Slayer Rules » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:29 pm

Oh - BTW he's hurt again. Concussion this time. May be back by Friday...

He's good, but he is quite injury prone

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/7564/news
Slayer Rules
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates