What do you do with an unbalanced team?? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

What do you do with an unbalanced team??

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What do you do with an unbalanced team??

Postby da bears » Tue May 13, 2008 9:00 pm

My team has gone through this season with some dominating stats in the hitting categories thus far. Then I have another team that is on the opposite end of the spectrum owning pitching while lagging behind the hitting side. I have this dilemma going on now whether I want to trade to try to balance my teams out and lose at least some of your advantage or continue on dominating one group of categories while just hoping that the other side either comes around or that you can piece together enough guys off waivers to make it respectable? Also 40 move limit so it is a little tougher with no streaming. Thoughts? Any similar experiences? Thanks guys, always a great source.
da bears
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: What do you do with an unbalanced team??

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Tue May 13, 2008 9:42 pm

You don't necessarily have to do it now, but at some point you need to make some trades if this continues. I had a team last year that had what I honestly think may be the best pitching staff of all time, but relatively weak hitting. I won ever single pitching category, and stayed near the middle of the pack in hitting. The entire season I flirted with the lead, but at the end I needed a few more points to put me over the top, and the only place I could gain anything was hitting. Unfortunately, my hitting just wasn't good enough to gain much ground and I ended up losing the league narrowly.

2011 Live Free or DyNasty Champ
A Fleshner Fantasy
Wicked Wikitect
Wicked Wikitect

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 31)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Spartans Rule » Tue May 13, 2008 11:37 pm

Depends on the league format.

In roto, you have to have balance. Your stats accumulate and at some point it stops helping you to keep extending your lead in a certain category.

In H2H, trading for balance can be beneficial but it isn't necessarily a must. I would not make trades just for the sake of being balanced, only trade if you can get good value or give up players you weren't using or can easily replace.
Spartans Rule
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby still-hate-francisco-cabrera » Tue May 13, 2008 11:45 pm

I had an unbalanced team last year, great pitching with weak hitting, and i lost the championship game because I had some injured hitters, and I didn't have the depth to absorb the loses at all.
still-hate-francisco-cabrera
College Coach
College Coach

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Baseball Leftovers