How much longer for Rickie Weeks?? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

How much longer for Rickie Weeks??

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: How much longer for Rickie Weeks??

Postby The_Natural » Wed May 14, 2008 12:16 am

Time for Jobu to visit Rickie.
The_Natural
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Montana » Wed May 14, 2008 1:15 am

Not only should all Weeks owners be holding onto him............everyone that doesn't have a stud 2b right now, should be targetting him as a buy low, in the off chance his owner doesn't pay attention to thinks like BABIP.

If he had a standard BABIP of around .290 right now, he'd rank right up there with some of the top 2b in the league right now........
Montana
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby wingman3110 » Wed May 14, 2008 1:23 pm

Alriite I will listen to you guys. But I just bought low on Cano for Votto, so if Robby starts hitting, Rickie will be sitting on my bench.
"Just be you. You is enough." - Coach K
wingman3110
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 138)

Postby AussieDodger » Wed May 14, 2008 1:36 pm

wingman3110 wrote:Alriite I will listen to you guys. But I just bought low on Cano for Votto, so if Robby starts hitting, Rickie will be sitting on my bench.

You what?

Oh boy

Why were we not consulted on this move?
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 16)

Postby The Cow » Wed May 14, 2008 1:40 pm

Well I have Weeks parked on my benches behind Phillips in two leagues. No real need to play the guy, I realize he can be very productive, but I would hate to have him as my starter. Weeks could be a casualty here as I get guys back from the DL. We will see. I am holding onto him at least until Pedro and Smoltz come back. Then I make the decision on Weeks. Anyways somebody decent is going to get cut by me, unless I can pull off a trade.

The Cow
Give Snakes his due!!!! Snakes deserves the fantasy expert icon!!! Go Snakes!!!!
The Cow
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Field » Wed May 14, 2008 1:46 pm

AussieDodger wrote:I'm in for the whole season.

Me too. It's close to a "Ride or Die" situation for me.
Field
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby Scooter1027 » Wed May 14, 2008 1:56 pm

The Cow wrote:Well I have Weeks parked on my benches behind Phillips in two leagues. No real need to play the guy, I realize he can be very productive, but I would hate to have him as my starter. Weeks could be a casualty here as I get guys back from the DL. We will see. I am holding onto him at least until Pedro and Smoltz come back. Then I make the decision on Weeks. Anyways somebody decent is going to get cut by me, unless I can pull off a trade.

The Cow

You just have to look past BA a bit. It's only one category. Amongst 2B-eligible players in Yahoo leagues, Weeks is 2nd in runs (31), 4th in HR (5), and 6th in SB (7, and he's 5th if you exclude the otherwise worthless Eugenio Velez). So that makes him a top-5 2B in 3 of the 5 standard categories right now, despite a sub-.200 BABIP. I also happen to have him in a league that counts BB, and he's 4th (21) there too. I know the batting average is bad, but it can really only go up from here, I'm fairly confident he won't finish the year at .190. As the average goes up, the R, SB, and RBI should climb even higher too.
Scooter1027
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Spectrum » Wed May 14, 2008 2:06 pm

As the average goes up, the R, SB, and RBI should climb even higher too.

Yea I can't wait to see the runs and steals when the hits start falling. He's hitting .190 now and second to only Hanley on my team in Runs scored. And Weeks getting on base more with Braun and the yet-to-heat-up Prince...
Spectrum
College Coach
College Coach

Postby kaiser » Wed May 14, 2008 2:44 pm

Thanks guys. This is a great thread, as I have been worried about his AVG too. I'm not going to sweat it anymore, after reading the well-reasoned arguments in his favor here.

Man, the Cafe is great!
kaiser
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 319)

Postby The Cow » Wed May 14, 2008 2:46 pm

Scooter1027 wrote:
The Cow wrote:Well I have Weeks parked on my benches behind Phillips in two leagues. No real need to play the guy, I realize he can be very productive, but I would hate to have him as my starter. Weeks could be a casualty here as I get guys back from the DL. We will see. I am holding onto him at least until Pedro and Smoltz come back. Then I make the decision on Weeks. Anyways somebody decent is going to get cut by me, unless I can pull off a trade.

The Cow

You just have to look past BA a bit. It's only one category. Amongst 2B-eligible players in Yahoo leagues, Weeks is 2nd in runs (31), 4th in HR (5), and 6th in SB (7, and he's 5th if you exclude the otherwise worthless Eugenio Velez). So that makes him a top-5 2B in 3 of the 5 standard categories right now, despite a sub-.200 BABIP. I also happen to have him in a league that counts BB, and he's 4th (21) there too. I know the batting average is bad, but it can really only go up from here, I'm fairly confident he won't finish the year at .190. As the average goes up, the R, SB, and RBI should climb even higher too.

Nice stats there Scooter. The problem I have with Weeks is that the two cats I need help in are AVG and RBIs. Plus my roster is tight tough cut no matter what. But I agree if Weeks starts hitting and he should then his numbers could really spike. Let me ask you this Yunel Escobar or Rickie Weeks, which one will be the better player from here on out?

The Cow
Give Snakes his due!!!! Snakes deserves the fantasy expert icon!!! Go Snakes!!!!
The Cow
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers