How much longer for Rickie Weeks?? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

How much longer for Rickie Weeks??

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: How much longer for Rickie Weeks??

Postby The_Natural » Wed May 14, 2008 12:16 am

Time for Jobu to visit Rickie.
The_Natural
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 310
Joined: 12 Apr 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: How much longer for Rickie Weeks??

Postby Montana » Wed May 14, 2008 1:15 am

Not only should all Weeks owners be holding onto him............everyone that doesn't have a stud 2b right now, should be targetting him as a buy low, in the off chance his owner doesn't pay attention to thinks like BABIP.

If he had a standard BABIP of around .290 right now, he'd rank right up there with some of the top 2b in the league right now........
Image
Montana
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Fantasy Expert
Posts: 1284
Joined: 21 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: How much longer for Rickie Weeks??

Postby wingman3110 » Wed May 14, 2008 1:23 pm

Alriite I will listen to you guys. But I just bought low on Cano for Votto, so if Robby starts hitting, Rickie will be sitting on my bench.
"Just be you. You is enough." - Coach K
wingman3110
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 1547
(Past Year: 138)
Joined: 8 Jun 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: How much longer for Rickie Weeks??

Postby AussieDodger » Wed May 14, 2008 1:36 pm

wingman3110 wrote:Alriite I will listen to you guys. But I just bought low on Cano for Votto, so if Robby starts hitting, Rickie will be sitting on my bench.


You what?

Oh boy

Why were we not consulted on this move?
Image
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
Posts: 11354
(Past Year: 16)
Joined: 22 Jan 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: What do you mean, Flash Gordon approaching?

Re: How much longer for Rickie Weeks??

Postby The Cow » Wed May 14, 2008 1:40 pm

Well I have Weeks parked on my benches behind Phillips in two leagues. No real need to play the guy, I realize he can be very productive, but I would hate to have him as my starter. Weeks could be a casualty here as I get guys back from the DL. We will see. I am holding onto him at least until Pedro and Smoltz come back. Then I make the decision on Weeks. Anyways somebody decent is going to get cut by me, unless I can pull off a trade.

The Cow
Give Snakes his due!!!! Snakes deserves the fantasy expert icon!!! Go Snakes!!!!
The Cow
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1754
Joined: 12 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Eating refried beans

Re: How much longer for Rickie Weeks??

Postby Field » Wed May 14, 2008 1:46 pm

AussieDodger wrote:I'm in for the whole season.


Me too. It's close to a "Ride or Die" situation for me.
Field
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Fantasy Expert
Posts: 2549
Joined: 4 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: NH

Re: How much longer for Rickie Weeks??

Postby Scooter1027 » Wed May 14, 2008 1:56 pm

The Cow wrote:Well I have Weeks parked on my benches behind Phillips in two leagues. No real need to play the guy, I realize he can be very productive, but I would hate to have him as my starter. Weeks could be a casualty here as I get guys back from the DL. We will see. I am holding onto him at least until Pedro and Smoltz come back. Then I make the decision on Weeks. Anyways somebody decent is going to get cut by me, unless I can pull off a trade.

The Cow


You just have to look past BA a bit. It's only one category. Amongst 2B-eligible players in Yahoo leagues, Weeks is 2nd in runs (31), 4th in HR (5), and 6th in SB (7, and he's 5th if you exclude the otherwise worthless Eugenio Velez). So that makes him a top-5 2B in 3 of the 5 standard categories right now, despite a sub-.200 BABIP. I also happen to have him in a league that counts BB, and he's 4th (21) there too. I know the batting average is bad, but it can really only go up from here, I'm fairly confident he won't finish the year at .190. As the average goes up, the R, SB, and RBI should climb even higher too.
Scooter1027
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 1124
Joined: 16 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: How much longer for Rickie Weeks??

Postby Spectrum » Wed May 14, 2008 2:06 pm

As the average goes up, the R, SB, and RBI should climb even higher too.


Yea I can't wait to see the runs and steals when the hits start falling. He's hitting .190 now and second to only Hanley on my team in Runs scored. And Weeks getting on base more with Braun and the yet-to-heat-up Prince...
Spectrum
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 348
Joined: 29 May 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Cleveland

Re: How much longer for Rickie Weeks??

Postby kaiser » Wed May 14, 2008 2:44 pm

Thanks guys. This is a great thread, as I have been worried about his AVG too. I'm not going to sweat it anymore, after reading the well-reasoned arguments in his favor here.

Man, the Cafe is great!
Image
kaiser
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe Ranker
Posts: 5548
(Past Year: 319)
Joined: 8 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Genco Olive Oil Co.

Re: How much longer for Rickie Weeks??

Postby The Cow » Wed May 14, 2008 2:46 pm

Scooter1027 wrote:
The Cow wrote:Well I have Weeks parked on my benches behind Phillips in two leagues. No real need to play the guy, I realize he can be very productive, but I would hate to have him as my starter. Weeks could be a casualty here as I get guys back from the DL. We will see. I am holding onto him at least until Pedro and Smoltz come back. Then I make the decision on Weeks. Anyways somebody decent is going to get cut by me, unless I can pull off a trade.

The Cow


You just have to look past BA a bit. It's only one category. Amongst 2B-eligible players in Yahoo leagues, Weeks is 2nd in runs (31), 4th in HR (5), and 6th in SB (7, and he's 5th if you exclude the otherwise worthless Eugenio Velez). So that makes him a top-5 2B in 3 of the 5 standard categories right now, despite a sub-.200 BABIP. I also happen to have him in a league that counts BB, and he's 4th (21) there too. I know the batting average is bad, but it can really only go up from here, I'm fairly confident he won't finish the year at .190. As the average goes up, the R, SB, and RBI should climb even higher too.



Nice stats there Scooter. The problem I have with Weeks is that the two cats I need help in are AVG and RBIs. Plus my roster is tight tough cut no matter what. But I agree if Weeks starts hitting and he should then his numbers could really spike. Let me ask you this Yunel Escobar or Rickie Weeks, which one will be the better player from here on out?

The Cow
Give Snakes his due!!!! Snakes deserves the fantasy expert icon!!! Go Snakes!!!!
The Cow
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1754
Joined: 12 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Eating refried beans

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Tuesday, Jul. 29
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

LA Angels at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Seattle at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
Chi White Sox at Detroit
(7:08 pm)
Milwaukee at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Philadelphia at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
Washington at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Arizona at Cincinnati
(7:10 pm)
Toronto at Boston
(7:10 pm)
Colorado at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
NY Yankees at Texas
(8:05 pm)
Oakland at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Minnesota at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Atlanta at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)
St. Louis at San Diego
(10:10 pm)
Pittsburgh at San Francisco
(10:15 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact