Agent David Sloan - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Agent David Sloan

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Agent David Sloan

Postby Amazinz » Mon May 12, 2008 1:38 pm

David Sloan has a reputation for being a nut and unprofessional. He is Carlos Delgado's agent. Some of you will probably remember the crazy stories when the Mets tried to sign Delgado (the year he signed with Florida). If you never heard the stories, basically it amounted into a big muscle-flexing war of words. The kind of stuff you expect to see on the Internet but unbelievable when it's being played out in the New York newspapers.

He recently had an email conversation with a writer for the Star Ledger. I guess out of spite the columnist decided to post his comments. I think it's hilarious that a conversation like this is taking place between an agent and a writer.

This is the article quote that started it:

Writer wrote:The money is almost a wash -- the Mets are paying Delgado $12 million in salary this year plus a $4 million buyout on his 2009 option for a total of $16 million, and the Mariners are paying Sexson $14 million. Delgado has a no-trade clause, and could veto any deal, but maybe he's sick of the New York circus.

These are emails being fired back and forth:

Agent wrote:You're wrong on both the money and the terms.

Writer wrote:How so?

Agent wrote:Ask your unreliable sources to look it up again.

Writer wrote:Real classy and helpful. Thanks. If you can't tell me what I got wrong, I will assume I got it right and you're just living down to your reputation. As I understand it, he makes $16 mil this year and the Marlins pay $4 mil of it.

Agent wrote:But that isn't what you wrote, you said he's making 12 & has a no trade which is wrong. But then why let a little thing like a fact get in the way of your jornalism. As for my "reputation" you know what they say about people that can't take a joke.

Writer wrote:Sorry I missed your 'joke.' This is what I wrote: 'the Mets are paying Delgado $12 million in salary this year plus a $4 million buyout on his 2009 option'. I won't hold my breath waiting for your apology.

Agent wrote:Apologize this retard, he's making 16 this year WITH an option for next year @ 16 or a buyout @ 4. Nice research by you but then I guess that whole concept of fact finding escapes you huh? They didn't teach that on the short bus did they?

Writer wrote:That a joke too? You're a funny guy.

Agent wrote:So's your Mom.

!+)

LINK
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Agent David Sloan

Postby Amazinz » Mon May 12, 2008 1:47 pm

Moved my own post. Meant to post this in GT. :-)
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bigh0rt » Mon May 12, 2008 3:07 pm

That's awesome.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 357)

Postby bigken117 » Mon May 12, 2008 3:47 pm

Nice :-b

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 250)

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon May 12, 2008 4:22 pm

Delgado is represented by mweir?
Thanks for getting him out of Toronto wier ;-D
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Postby thedude » Mon May 12, 2008 4:35 pm

You would think a person whose job is spin and dealing with people would be more diplomatic.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Madison » Mon May 12, 2008 5:42 pm

Wow. 8-o

If the article is right and Delgado is the guy's only client, I can definitely see why. :*)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby AussieDodger » Mon May 12, 2008 10:31 pm

Classic. :-D

So's your Mum.
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 19)

Postby RocketsDWM » Mon May 12, 2008 11:14 pm

The conversation that ensued under the article is great too (between the author and a reader). The reader seems to have the right idea and the author is clueless.
RocketsDWM
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 55)

Postby thedude » Tue May 13, 2008 11:47 am

RocketsDWM wrote:The conversation that ensued under the article is great too (between the author and a reader). The reader seems to have the right idea and the author is clueless.

The author doesn't seem to understand that Carlos has 20 million (16 this year, plus a 4 million dollar buyout) left on his contract, not 16 million. The agent is juvenile, but the author is missing the point.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Next

Return to General Talk