jay bruce up soon? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

jay bruce up soon?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: jay bruce up soon?

Postby BJSFAN123 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:12 am

So glad I dealt him while he was red hot, I held on to Justin Upton because I thought he could keep it up after his hot start...I learned my lesson. These guys are just too young right now.
BJSFAN123
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jfg » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:25 am

Would you guys still buy high in a keeper? Like for a Quentin or Giambi? Could be a big loss this year, but huge gains for the future.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 84)

Postby thatguy27 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:35 am

jfg wrote:Would you guys still buy high in a keeper? Like for a Quentin or Giambi? Could be a big loss this year, but huge gains for the future.

I would absolutely trade Giambi for him in a keeper and would probably trade Quentin for him as well.
thatguy27
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 2)

Postby wake » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:49 am

RedHopeful wrote:
Yoda wrote:Bruce started out fast and furious but now seems to be in a funk. Those K's are starting to rack up in his last 8 games:
32 AB, 4 H, 1 R, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB, 13 K, 3 BB

Obviously still very talented and this might be a blip on the radar but he was K'ing at an alarming rate at AAA so definitely keep that in mind.

Of course it's a little disconcerting, but I don't think the Reds will make a move. They've committed to the youth movement and he doesn't have anything to prove in AAA. He's going to be learning on the job most likely since the Reds aren't going anywhere (last place in the Central.)

That's what I thought about Billy Butler too
wake
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Yoda » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:43 am

thatguy27 wrote:
jfg wrote:Would you guys still buy high in a keeper? Like for a Quentin or Giambi? Could be a big loss this year, but huge gains for the future.

I would absolutely trade Giambi for him in a keeper and would probably trade Quentin for him as well.

I would not trade Quentin for Bruce in a keeper.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby JoshExley » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:44 pm

I'd deal Quentin, his Mom and his aunts for Jay Bruce in any keeper league.
JoshExley
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Yoda » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:58 pm

JoshExley wrote:I'd deal Quentin, his Mom and his aunts for Jay Bruce in any keeper league.

I'm not sure if his mom and his aunt are available.

I actually have Quentin in a keeper money league and I wouldn't move him for Bruce.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby jfg » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:03 pm

My keeper league only keeps three position players and a pitcher but I offered Quentin anyway to take the chance that Bruce turns it back on and becomes a no-brainer keeper. It was rejected.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby RedHopeful » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:17 pm

wake wrote:
RedHopeful wrote:
Yoda wrote:Bruce started out fast and furious but now seems to be in a funk. Those K's are starting to rack up in his last 8 games:
32 AB, 4 H, 1 R, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB, 13 K, 3 BB

Obviously still very talented and this might be a blip on the radar but he was K'ing at an alarming rate at AAA so definitely keep that in mind.

Of course it's a little disconcerting, but I don't think the Reds will make a move. They've committed to the youth movement and he doesn't have anything to prove in AAA. He's going to be learning on the job most likely since the Reds aren't going anywhere (last place in the Central.)

That's what I thought about Billy Butler too

Good point Wake. However, I've got to mention that the Royals management team is maybe the screwiest in baseball. Also, Butler's hustle was an issue along with his defense (no such problems with Bruce.) With Walt Jocketty at the helm, I think Bruce's chances are much better they'll just ride him out.
RedHopeful
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby J35J » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:33 pm

RedHopeful wrote:Good point Wake. However, I've got to mention that the Royals management team is maybe the screwiest in baseball. Also, Butler's hustle was an issue along with his defense (no such problems with Bruce.) With Walt Jocketty at the helm, I think Bruce's chances are much better they'll just ride him out.

Actually the "Royals management team" has been revamped over the last couple years with Dayton Moore at the helm. I wouldn't exactly call them the screwiest in baseball anymore....they sure used to be thats for sure, the Glass family was mostly to blame. These days it appears Moore and his crew have much more freedom to do as they choose.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 387)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers