Y! = No QS for Kazmir? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Y! = No QS for Kazmir?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Y! = No QS for Kazmir?

Postby markj11 » Mon May 12, 2008 9:36 am

quality start - awarded to a starting pitcher who completes at least six innings and permits no more than three earned runs.

Kazmir 1W 6IP 0ER

Yahoo did not give me a QS. Am I missing something?
I ain't askin' nobody for nothin, If I can't get it on my own. - Charlie Daniels
markj11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Y! = No QS for Kazmir?

Postby Smileyman9 » Mon May 12, 2008 10:00 am

Saturday seemed to be a weird day for the QS stat; Somewhere around here was another thread with some mentions of others that didn't receive one (I know Greg Maddux was left out too).
Smileyman9
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Mon May 12, 2008 11:07 am

Yeah, noticed these threads this morning. QS is something we get fed directly from our data provider, but that doesn't mean they got it right. I'll have someone look into it.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 56)

Postby Guzman24 » Mon May 12, 2008 1:31 pm

I think there was a QS missed for DiceK too last week. Someone was talking about it in one of my leagues
Guzman24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)

Postby RHobbs » Mon May 12, 2008 2:24 pm

I'm a commish for our Yahoo! H2H league and there were 4 QS stats missing that I know of:
Kazmir, Arroyo, Maddux & Jimenez. I sent a post to Yahoo and hopefully they will make the stat corrections soon. :-C
"I'm trying to announce my presence with authority" - Nuke LaLouche
RHobbs
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Mon May 12, 2008 2:28 pm

Guzman24 wrote:I think there was a QS missed for DiceK too last week. Someone was talking about it in one of my leagues

Yup. We tracked it down and we did indeed get bad data from our provider. We're working on getting the corrections now.

As it turns out, the cause of the problem is sort of interesting in a baseball sense. One of the other stats that we added this year that our provider also feeds us is "Inherited Runners Allowed". It turns out on the 10th, a pitcher actually had an Inherited Runners Allowed of ... 4. That threw off their processing, and caused problems with several other stats that we added (QS and relief appearances among them). How a pitcher inherited 4 runners, nevermind let them score, is left as an exercise to the reader. I figured it out, but it took a few seconds of head scratching. And of course they've fixed that problem going forward.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Montana » Mon May 12, 2008 5:23 pm

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote: How a pitcher inherited 4 runners, nevermind let them score, is left as an exercise to the reader. I figured it out, but it took a few seconds of head scratching. And of course they've fixed that problem going forward.

Did he also "inherit" the man at the plate, mid at bat......and thus when that player was walked....he was credited to the original pitcher?.....and was thus considered "inherited" as well?
Montana
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Mon May 12, 2008 6:23 pm

Montana wrote:
Fantasy Sports Genie wrote: How a pitcher inherited 4 runners, nevermind let them score, is left as an exercise to the reader. I figured it out, but it took a few seconds of head scratching. And of course they've fixed that problem going forward.

Did he also "inherit" the man at the plate, mid at bat......and thus when that player was walked....he was credited to the original pitcher?.....and was thus considered "inherited" as well?

Winner winner chicken dinner. He entered the game mid-batter, when the batter had 2 balls. If the batter has 2 or more balls in this situation, and gets walked, the walk is credited to the initial pitcher. And thus the relief pitcher inherited 4 runners; the batter in addition to the guys on each base. The relief pitcher then blew it and let all four score.

For extra credit, I'm pretty sure one of the guys here thought of a way that a pitcher could effectively inherit an arbitrarily large number of baserunners. It is a very unlikely circumstance, but that is the case for most baseball related trivia :-)
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby dragoon » Mon May 12, 2008 8:07 pm

I'll take a shot out of the dark. The pitcher comes in, gives up all 3 inherited runners, then moves to left field and comes back and gives up another 3 inherited runs.
dragoon
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Mon May 12, 2008 10:30 pm

dragoon wrote:I'll take a shot out of the dark. The pitcher comes in, gives up all 3 inherited runners, then moves to left field and comes back and gives up another 3 inherited runs.

Yup. That is the scenario we came up with. Pitcher inherits some runners, moves to another position, later moves back to pitcher and inherits more, repeat as desired. Nicely played...
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers