AJ Burnett - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

AJ Burnett

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

AJ Burnett

Postby ILLmjdINI » Mon May 12, 2008 4:18 am

Haven't heard anything on him in awhile. Anybody have any updates on him...particularly on how his curveball is progressing? Thanks.
ILLmjdINI
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: AJ Burnett

Postby kid sox » Mon May 12, 2008 9:25 am

His stuff seems to be working since he is racking up the strikeouts but he is also giving up a lot of hits. Kind of a mixed bag.
kid sox
College Coach
College Coach

Postby freeling_prideful » Tue May 13, 2008 2:31 pm

He's one of those guys who I see rebounding before the ASB, he's K'ed a lot more in recent outings.
freeling_prideful
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby cannedcorn » Tue May 13, 2008 3:08 pm

To bad Toronto cant seem to figure out that you need to hit the ball to win games. He pitched well yesterday and got a L. I had Marcum too and they couldnt even score one run for him eithere. 3 runs in 19 innings WOW. These guys are losers. Why would they let go of the Big Hurt its not like anyone on thier team can hit. I dont want to here they hit into a triple play etc etc. This team just flat out cant score.

Having said AJ seems to be coming around
cannedcorn
College Coach
College Coach

Postby tmlfan4ever » Tue May 13, 2008 7:29 pm

How come every Blue Jays thread that I come to comment on has some underhanded comment about Frank Thomas? News Flash: he is not good anymore. He was terrible this year... looked absolutely lost and unable to catch up to anything over 90 MPH. I'm pretty sure the team "knows" they need to score runs. Obviously they are having trouble doing so. We're talking about a guy who's hitting .216 like he is going to save the god damn franchise. Perfect example of how useless he is from just 2 minutes ago... Frank gets thrown out trying to score from 2nd on the laziest fly ball single ever. I assure you 99% of MLB position players score on that play. My grandma scores on that play.

As for AJ, curve ball has progressed nicely and he's put together a couple of really nice starts in his last few. I expect that he will continue to build on these starts and the strikeout numbers will be there like they always are.
tmlfan4ever
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Little Lee » Tue May 13, 2008 9:04 pm

Look for 15 or so more starts this year. With 3 w's in the bag and another 7 in his remaining starts should put him right at 10 wins with and ERA in the mid 4's and a WHIP at 1.4
"A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore."
Yogi Berra
Little Lee
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby powenM » Tue May 13, 2008 10:49 pm

Frank Thomas would have help them? Come on. As the poster said - hes finished.

The problem with jays is they need to get a better GM in there and quick. JPR constantly changes his plan.
Just traded BButler, BWood & JLoney for Mark Teixeira, Ryan Theriot & Renyel Pinto in a DYNASTY LEAGUE. Big gamble I know!
powenM
General Manager
General Manager

Postby cannedcorn » Wed May 14, 2008 12:53 pm

It couldnt hurt to have frank back. But understand you guys are scoring so many runs without him. There isnt any room for a potential bat in that beastly lineup. I heard on TV the other night that those three runs in the 10th were the 1st runs Toronto scored aganist Cleveland in 31 innings. Thats just awfull. My sons T ball team looks better then there O. And if you have ever seen Tball its pretty bad.

I own AJ and Marcum, had Wells to but thats a different subject. Anyways I keep up with Toronto. Their pitching and D is pretty good. I hope they get better soon. Im just throwing this out there for conversation. What about Barry Bonds in Toronto pinch hitting?
cannedcorn
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Injuries & Player Updates