Edison Volquez Trade Value - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Edison Volquez Trade Value

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Edison Volquez Trade Value

Postby LouSeal24 » Fri May 23, 2008 11:56 pm

I've been shopping him around but I haven't been able to get anything halfway decent, so I've basically decided to just hold onto him and enjoy the ride.

At this point I can't see trading him. If he keeps going long enough to convince people (at least the people in my leagues) that he's for real, I'm guessing that it will also be the point where it's not unreasonable to think that he won't come crashing down to earth (at least this year). That's not to say that I don't think he'll slow down, he has to at some point, but not so dramatically that he becomes bench material.
LouSeal24
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Slow Pitch » Sat May 24, 2008 12:25 am

I live for selling high, but man this guy has some AMAZING stuff.

Best change up in baseball...yes better than Johan's.

His K/9 & Groundball rates are very very strong.
Slow Pitch
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The Cow » Sat May 24, 2008 12:43 am

6 IP 2 H 2 BB 1 ER 12 Ks

This guy is darn good. You can sell him "high", but IMO you are not going to get fair value for him. Keep Volquez he is LEGIT. Many people are waiting for the sky to fall on this guy, but I bet they have not seen this kid pitch, his stuff is excellent. Its about time people think about not trading Volquez away, what people should be thinking is how in the heck can they trade for Volquez????????

The Cow
Give Snakes his due!!!! Snakes deserves the fantasy expert icon!!! Go Snakes!!!!
The Cow
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby CruiseJD » Sat May 24, 2008 12:58 am

He was looking filthy on the Baseball Tonight highlights tonight. He loaded the bases in the first inning and didn't let it rattle him. I'm not looking to sell him.
CruiseJD
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby cookman » Sat May 24, 2008 1:14 am

The Cow wrote:6 IP 2 H 2 BB 1 ER 12 Ks

This guy is darn good. You can sell him "high", but IMO you are not going to get fair value for him. Keep Volquez he is LEGIT. Many people are waiting for the sky to fall on this guy, but I bet they have not seen this kid pitch, his stuff is excellent. Its about time people think about not trading Volquez away, what people should be thinking is how in the heck can they trade for Volquez????????

The Cow

Yeah, I totally agree, I don't think you can sell this kid right now, you're just no going to get fair value. I tried shopping him a few weeks ago and no one was biting. I'm glad, because since then he just keeps getting better. He's now got 74 Ks in 60 innings. Unbelievable. Combine his K/9 rate of over 11 with that GB% and I see no reason why he can't keep this up. I mean obviously it's foolish to think he's going to keep up the sub-2.00 ERA, but I see no reason to believe that he won't be among the top few pitchers in the league at the end of the year if he keeps his GB% up like this.
Last edited by cookman on Sat May 24, 2008 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
cookman
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby J.C.Fighter » Sat May 24, 2008 1:29 am

I traded Volquez for Markakis a while ago... i'm starting to question that move :-o :-o
J.C.Fighter
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby JRAMI » Sat May 24, 2008 2:04 am

dude I traded him for Garrett Atkins and Im starting to question THAT move! I have been relentless trying to get him back
JRAMI
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby wolv0023 » Sat May 24, 2008 2:24 am

I was at the Pads/Reds game tonight - stuck in left field until a customer service rep upgraded me after the 1st. 15 rows directly behind home plate, so I could see Edinson's wicked stuff, up close and personal ... Filthy. His change and slider are unhittable - if he could paint corners with those two pitches, then he would not give up hits. I can understand why hitters look lost against him - the pitch that the scoreboard calls a changeup has a six-inch break on it, and his slider is even better. Oh, and nobody was really catching up with his 94-96 mph heater either ...
wolv0023
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby baseballstud » Sat May 24, 2008 10:58 am

i traded carlos guillen and volquez for teixiera and beckett 2 weeks ago, not really questioning it yet as i expect beckett to remember how to pitch sometime, just wishing i still had volquez lol.
baseballstud
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 39)

Postby CruiseJD » Sat May 24, 2008 11:01 am

wolv0023 wrote:I was at the Pads/Reds game tonight - stuck in left field until a customer service rep upgraded me after the 1st. 15 rows directly behind home plate, so I could see Edinson's wicked stuff, up close and personal ... Filthy. His change and slider are unhittable - if he could paint corners with those two pitches, then he would not give up hits. I can understand why hitters look lost against him - the pitch that the scoreboard calls a changeup has a six-inch break on it, and his slider is even better. Oh, and nobody was really catching up with his 94-96 mph heater either ...

Thanks for the report. I would have loved to watch him pitch from that vantage point.
CruiseJD
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers