Edison Volquez Trade Value - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Edison Volquez Trade Value

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Edison Volquez Trade Value

Postby mkultra » Tue May 20, 2008 5:03 pm

The Cow wrote:Maybe Volquez is able to win 15 games though.

He's already won 7. He only needs to win 2 games a month through the rest of the season to hit that mark. :-D
mkultra
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 40)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby converge241 » Wed May 21, 2008 4:45 pm

If it helps to the original wondering about his value I was offered Tejada and Webb and A. Gordon for Volzquez and Hanley..granted Hanley is the key guy but other owner insisted on Volquez in or no deal at all just passing along
"I'm the man with the ball. I'm the man who can throw it faster than F***. So that's why I'm better than anyone in the world." - Kenny Powers
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 101)

Postby Yoda » Wed May 21, 2008 5:50 pm

converge241 wrote:If it helps to the original wondering about his value I was offered Tejada and Webb and A. Gordon for Volzquez and Hanley..granted Hanley is the key guy but other owner insisted on Volquez in or no deal at all just passing along

I'd have a tough time giving up Hanley for those three let alone throw in Volquez.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby woodson_28 » Wed May 21, 2008 6:03 pm

Here's his value in my league:

One owner wanted SP depth and put Teixeira up on the block (his starter is Pujols). Last week when Tex was injured, I offered Hudson and Oswalt for Tex straight up, to which he declined. Then I "verbally" offered Volquez and Oswalt for Tex and he still declined. I said "You wouldn't even give me Tex for Volquez and Oswalt combined, would you?" To which he said "no". IDK, I thought that Volquez and Oswalt for Tex would have been overpaying on my part - maybe I'm wrong though.
woodson_28
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby The Cow » Wed May 21, 2008 6:24 pm

woodson_28 wrote:Here's his value in my league:

One owner wanted SP depth and put Teixeira up on the block (his starter is Pujols). Last week when Tex was injured, I offered Hudson and Oswalt for Tex straight up, to which he declined. Then I "verbally" offered Volquez and Oswalt for Tex and he still declined. I said "You wouldn't even give me Tex for Volquez and Oswalt combined, would you?" To which he said "no". IDK, I thought that Volquez and Oswalt for Tex would have been overpaying on my part - maybe I'm wrong though.

I would think that he would have a hard time finding better value than what you offered him for Tex, IMO. I must admit I am not as high on Teix as many.

The Cow
Give Snakes his due!!!! Snakes deserves the fantasy expert icon!!! Go Snakes!!!!
The Cow
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby great gretzky » Wed May 21, 2008 7:13 pm

i'm not paying for his ranks right now, that's for sure. As for the hanley thing, not now am I accepting it. Half way, and I have a sense of my needs, well then maybe, and that's if I definitely will have a major shot of winning.
great gretzky
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby dipset » Thu May 22, 2008 12:28 am

I have a question....Who are some players that you think Volquez should be traded for straight up? I have him and am maybe trying to deal him.... I just have no clue at all which starting pitchers to go after? i am thinking guys like sabathia or haren but when i look at it Volquez is out pitching guys like that,,but will he keep it up, who knows?

Who are some pitchers i should target for volquez?
dipset
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby AllDay » Thu May 22, 2008 5:23 am

dipset wrote:I have a question....Who are some players that you think Volquez should be traded for straight up? I have him and am maybe trying to deal him.... I just have no clue at all which starting pitchers to go after? i am thinking guys like sabathia or haren but when i look at it Volquez is out pitching guys like that,,but will he keep it up, who knows?

Just my opinion - but I would think Santana and Webb would probably be unobtainable. Hamels, Lincecum, Dice-K might be tough to obtain for an even swap.

Other than those few - I don't think I would trade my Volquez for too many other pitchers in a one for one deal.
AllDay
College Coach
College Coach

Postby suckerpuncher » Thu May 22, 2008 6:33 am

I just declined to trade away Volquez for Santana in my keeper league.

Normally a no-brainer but because of our rules it was the better option to decline. I can keep Volquez for my last round pick but I would not have been able to keep Johan.

The point is before saying some deal is good or bad it's always worth to take a look at the environment aka. the league rules and settings.
suckerpuncher
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 8)

Postby stepsinsc » Thu May 22, 2008 9:42 am

dipset wrote:I have a question....Who are some players that you think Volquez should be traded for straight up? I have him and am maybe trying to deal him.... I just have no clue at all which starting pitchers to go after? i am thinking guys like sabathia or haren but when i look at it Volquez is out pitching guys like that,,but will he keep it up, who knows?

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I got Bedard for him straight up. I think Sabathia is another good target as a buy-low. I don't think you'll find many people willing to trade an established stud pitcher for Volquez, unless that pitcher is currently underproducing, i.e. Sabathia.
stepsinsc
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers