Edison Volquez Trade Value - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Edison Volquez Trade Value

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Edison Volquez Trade Value

Postby horste » Mon May 12, 2008 3:37 am

I have him on my team, and my pitching is doing fairly well. I want to trade him but I want to know what everyone fells his value should be around. I don't want to be offering ridiculous trades so another owner wont want to continue the trade talks. So what do you all think his value is?
horste
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Edison Volquez Trade Value

Postby Montana » Mon May 12, 2008 4:39 am

I moved him, along with Jonathan Papelbon, for Carlos Beltran.
Montana
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby baseballstud » Mon May 12, 2008 6:49 am

i traded volquez,lincecum, and cguillen for beckett and teix.
baseballstud
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 39)

Postby dclark0699 » Mon May 12, 2008 8:34 am

Montana wrote:I moved him, along with Jonathan Papelbon, for Carlos Beltran.

I traded him straight up for Beltran. Has payed off huge the last couple games.
dclark0699
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby mkultra » Mon May 12, 2008 10:01 am

dclark0699 wrote:

I'd put his value squarely between these two trades. Definitely not worth a Beltran, but worth way more than a toss-in for him (Paps is the #1 reliever in the game, he's a straight-up for Beltran trade IMO). If you're looking at a sell-high/buy-low on him, I'd target guys off to a slow start like Pence, Hart, and Dunn. You could possibly steal Sabathia for him, depending on the owner.
mkultra
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 41)

Postby BillyHallDisciple » Mon May 12, 2008 10:17 am

In my 12-team keeper, I was offered Vernon Wells for Volquez straight-up. As I was mulling it over, V. Wells got injured. But that gave me a pretty good idea of his current value in my league format anyways.

Good idea by the previous poster to try to deal him for someone like Pence.. I think I may look into doing something like that. Although I wonder if some of us Volquez owners might be a little too eager to sell high on him... who's to say he's not just a damn good pitcher? It seems like everyone is expecting him to come crashing down to earth. Maybe it's the walks and the home ballpark that are scaring everyone away (6 walks in the last game vs. the Cubs; other than that between 2-4 walks in each start). But he has dominated both good and bad line-ups this year, so I'm thinking maybe he's just good period.

He has a start coming up in a couple of weeks vs. the strike-out prone San Diego Padres. Granted a lot can happen between now and then and forecasting in baseball is almost always a foolish thing, but I'd expect him to rack up big-time K's in that game and then his value may be at an all-time high so you could get something better in return.
BillyHallDisciple
General Manager
General Manager

Postby BronXBombers51 » Mon May 12, 2008 11:09 am

mkultra wrote:
dclark0699 wrote:

I'd put his value squarely between these two trades. Definitely not worth a Beltran, but worth way more than a toss-in for him (Paps is the #1 reliever in the game, he's a straight-up for Beltran trade IMO). If you're looking at a sell-high/buy-low on him, I'd target guys off to a slow start like Pence, Hart, and Dunn. You could possibly steal Sabathia for him, depending on the owner.

Then why doesn't Papelbon go in the 2nd round?

Volquez and Papelbon for Beltran is a fine trade. I'd laugh if someone offered me Papelbon for my Beltran. Not even close IMO.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby RAmst23 » Mon May 12, 2008 11:13 am

I traded Volquez, Rauch, and Helton for Prince Fielder in my 16 teamer. I felt this was a fair trade, and may have overpaid a little by including Helton, but he needed someone to plug in his 1B slot.

This is the perfect time to sell on Volquez, especially in a H2H such as my league. By the time play offs roll around, he'll either be on a pitch limit or too tired to keep up this pace.
...Boston papers now and then suffer a sharp flurry of arithmetic on this score; indeed, for Williams to have distributed all his hits so they did nobody else any good would constitute a feat of placement unparalleled in the annals of selfishness. -Updike
RAmst23
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby mkultra » Mon May 12, 2008 11:44 am

BronXBombers51 wrote:Then why doesn't Papelbon go in the 2nd round?

2nd round of what? Fantasy drafts? No way I'd draft any closer that early.
mkultra
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 41)

Postby High Heater » Mon May 12, 2008 11:46 am

RAmst23 wrote:I traded Volquez, Rauch, and Helton for Prince Fielder in my 16 teamer. I felt this was a fair trade, and may have overpaid a little by including Helton, but he needed someone to plug in his 1B slot.

This is the perfect time to sell on Volquez, especially in a H2H such as my league. By the time play offs roll around, he'll either be on a pitch limit or too tired to keep up this pace.

how did you over pay? you got the youngest player ever to hit 50 hr's and a lock to be a stud 1B for the next 5 years+ for a throwin Rauch an old Helton baring over FA material no and a decent maturing SP that will never exceed Prince's ADP

thats what i'd call a steal
High Heater
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers