How do you think this will play out? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

How do you think this will play out? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

How do you think this will play out? WHIR

Postby shoelessjoetara » Sun May 11, 2008 11:06 pm

I am in a 14 team roto league. I was in 1st by 7 points. today the 2nd place team made a jump . His main closer (Izzy) lost his closers job. He has only one closer starting now (Percival). He is starting 6 SP instaed of 5. They are not top of the line starters for the most part (John Lannan, Shawn Hill ,Edwin Jackson and Tim Redding. His other starters are decent. He has benefited from some luck. I was hurt from about 5 of my 11 guys not playing due to rain so that hurt my offense . I know he will get more Ks but can I expect that to even out with the WHIP and ERA? He will also lose a lot of saves also.
shoelessjoetara Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: How do you think this will play out? WHIR

Postby philly_is_back » Sun May 11, 2008 11:48 pm

Not sure what you are asking here. but I would assume, yes. it should even out with WHIP/ERA. those pitchers aren't webb/peavy so they definitely should give up some runs/hits. etc...
philly_is_back
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 2)

Postby shoelessjoetara » Mon May 12, 2008 12:05 am

What I am asking is will the ERA an WHIP along with the loss of save chances make up for the extra Ks he will get. I think it will. I am also guessing that the run of luck he has had with his pitching will end. He has a better offense than my team but not by much. His pitching is suspect so I am hoping that all of this will even itself out. I dont think you can win a league if you are not competitive in atleast 8 or 9 out of 10 categories. My speed is not that great but every other category I am at the top. He capitolized on having some great matchups with his top three pitchers and made up ground to overtake me by 1/2 point. So that is why I am asking.
shoelessjoetara Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Eagle Baseball » Mon May 12, 2008 8:05 am

if your league has a max innings pitched things will work out later in the year. If some starts so-so pitchers for a long enough time he will blow through his innings and you will catch him in K's and W's late in the year when he needs to sit pitchers and the ERA and WHIP will work out. Keep an eye on innings pitched by not only your team but the others in the league.
Eagle Baseball
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Madison » Mon May 12, 2008 6:28 pm

shoelessjoetara wrote:I am in a 14 team roto league.

I think you're way worried about nothing. The games will still be played, just on a different date, so for a roto league, a rainout (or even 10) really isn't very important.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Return to Baseball Leftovers