Another Johan Trade. Thoughts?? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Another Johan Trade. Thoughts??

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Another Johan Trade. Thoughts??

Postby weiselmck » Sun May 11, 2008 12:12 am

this is a trade that was just made in my points league. it is not involving me but i want to know if you all think it is unfair. I am not sure if this is the right forum for this either.

Team A: sends Lackey and Lowell
Team B: sends Johan Santana and Alex Gordon

I think that team A, who is receiving Johan is clearly getting the better deal but others in my league disagree as Lackey has keeper value in this league as he was drafted very late, like the 13th round. I for one try and win for this year, not next so i think that this deal is lopsided.

Also, people in my league think that we shouldn't "bail" people out of dumb trades. Like if team B is too dumb to trade Santana then we should let him. I think this is a terrible idea, as we all are trying to win. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks. WHIR.
weiselmck
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Another Johan Trade. Thoughts??

Postby Matthias » Sun May 11, 2008 1:36 am

Especially if there are keeper implications, let it be.
0-3 to 4-3. Worst choke in the history of baseball. Enough said.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Re: Another Johan Trade. Thoughts??

Postby noseeum » Mon May 12, 2008 4:31 am

weiselmck wrote:this is a trade that was just made in my points league. it is not involving me but i want to know if you all think it is unfair. I am not sure if this is the right forum for this either.

Team A: sends Lackey and Lowell
Team B: sends Johan Santana and Alex Gordon

I think that team A, who is receiving Johan is clearly getting the better deal but others in my league disagree as Lackey has keeper value in this league as he was drafted very late, like the 13th round. I for one try and win for this year, not next so i think that this deal is lopsided.

Also, people in my league think that we shouldn't "bail" people out of dumb trades. Like if team B is too dumb to trade Santana then we should let him. I think this is a terrible idea, as we all are trying to win. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks. WHIR.

No veto.

In response to your last sentence, dumb people can try to win too. Just because they fail at winning doesn't mean they should be prevented from trying by having their trades blocked. Quit worrying about how a trade impacts your team. A bad trade effects the guy who agreed to it a lot more than you. You think the Mets and Phillies complain that the D'backs and Dodgers get to play the Padres, Rockies, and Giants so often? Even professional GMs do dumb trades sometimes.
noseeum
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Commissioner's Corner