Michael Bourn - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Michael Bourn

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Michael Bourn

Postby RenPastana » Sat May 10, 2008 1:59 pm

I dont understand how his current BA of .182 is still keeping his at the top of the line up. I made the mistake of dropping C.Gomez since I had Bourn a few weeks back but this guy is just annihilating my BA now. Are any of you Bourn owners worried that he will get bumped down in the order if he doesnt start to hit soon? Also, what is his expected BA to be? I feel as if he is a sell-high candidate at this point.
RenPastana
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Michael Bourn

Postby claudish21 » Sat May 10, 2008 3:46 pm

I'm thinking Bourn is basically a 4th Of/defentsive replacement. However i still see him getting AB if not leadoff than in the 2 hole.
claudish21
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Southpawo5 » Sat May 10, 2008 4:38 pm

Prior to his strained quad, his ave had been climbing into the .220s and .230s. I think he's getting a pass because of that, and will continue to bounce back. He still running at a very efficient rate(3 SBs in the last 2 games) and he's slowly starting to hit a bit(he has hits in 5 of the last 6 games hes played). And he's still drawing walks at a good rate, which softens the blow of his current slump.
Southpawo5
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby wildbill » Sat May 10, 2008 5:05 pm

claudish21 wrote:I'm thinking Bourn is basically a 4th Of/defentsive replacement.

I agree with that statement completely. Look Ed Wade traded for him and he's one of the worst, if not the worst, GM of all time when it comes to making trades. I saw him make an awful lot of bad trades when he was the Phillies GM. Think of Bourn as Juan Pierre with a sub-.250 BA.
wildbill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby AllDay » Sun May 11, 2008 6:56 am

17 for 17 in SB attempts. He hit .277 last year in limited action so there is hope. If he hits .270 he will be pretty valuable.

3 HR's to boot - already matches Juan Pierre's season high.
AllDay
College Coach
College Coach

Postby wildbill » Sun May 11, 2008 4:25 pm

AllDay wrote:17 for 17 in SB attempts. He hit .277 last year in limited action so there is hope. If he hits .270 he will be pretty valuable.

I'm sure that's what Ed Wade tells himself every day.
wildbill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby AllDay » Sun May 11, 2008 10:08 pm

wildbill wrote:
AllDay wrote:17 for 17 in SB attempts. He hit .277 last year in limited action so there is hope. If he hits .270 he will be pretty valuable.

I'm sure that's what Ed Wade tells himself every day.

Did Ed Wade sexually abuse you as a child or something?

I suppose if Ed Wade had traded for Babe Ruth the Babe instantly becomes garbage because he has Ed Wade stink on him.
AllDay
College Coach
College Coach

Postby wildbill » Sun May 11, 2008 10:37 pm

AllDay wrote:Did Ed Wade sexually abuse you as a child or something?

Worse he abused us Phillies fans for years with his incompetence for making trades. He made so many bad trades in the years he was the Phillies GM I can't recall any good ones. There might be a few, even an idiot like Wade is bound to get lucky once in a while.

AllDay wrote:I suppose if Ed Wade had traded for Babe Ruth the Babe instantly becomes garbage because he has Ed Wade stink on him.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say. Are you by chance a big Astro's fan and just afraid of having been fooled into thinking you were getting a good GM?
wildbill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby AllDay » Mon May 12, 2008 1:54 am

wildbill wrote:
AllDay wrote:Did Ed Wade sexually abuse you as a child or something?

Worse he abused us Phillies fans for years with his incompetence for making trades. He made so many bad trades in the years he was the Phillies GM I can't recall any good ones. There might be a few, even an idiot like Wade is bound to get lucky once in a while.

AllDay wrote:I suppose if Ed Wade had traded for Babe Ruth the Babe instantly becomes garbage because he has Ed Wade stink on him.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say. Are you by chance a big Astro's fan and just afraid of having been fooled into thinking you were getting a good GM?

I don't have anything against the 'Stro's, Ed Wade, or Michael Bourn - and I think it is silly to promote the theory that a player is destined for failure simply because some GM has given him cooties.
AllDay
College Coach
College Coach

Postby wildbill » Mon May 12, 2008 9:41 am

AllDay wrote:I don't have anything against the 'Stro's, Ed Wade, or Michael Bourn - and I think it is silly to promote the theory that a player is destined for failure simply because some GM has given him cooties.

Dude, seriously, you need to stop posting when you've come back from the bar so drunk you're ready to pass out because you just aren't making any sense. I don't think anyone is going to think you dislike Ed Wade. If anything you sound like you're ready to bear Ed Wade's love child.

At any rate like I said Ed Wade's record with trades while he was the Phillies GM was extremely poor. It seems foolish to think that will suddenly change just because he's the GM of a new club. Also the reason the Phillies traded Bourn is they, and most people familiar with him at the time, only saw Bourn as a 4th OF. Basically I'm saying given those facts, the deck is stacked against Bourn becoming the superstar you seem to think he is. Might he surprise everyone an perform far better then expected? Anything is possible, but it's not the most likely scenario.
wildbill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates